Secretly Group Seeks Community Marketing Manager
Hours: 40/week, Monday – Friday, 9am – 6pm
Location: Bloomington, IN, Brooklyn, NY, or Los Angeles, CA
Reports to: US/CAN Marketing Director
Company Summary: Secretly Group is a leading independently owned music company. Secretly’s major divisions include record labels Dead Oceans, Ghostly International, Jagjaguwar, and Secretly Canadian, as well Secretly Publishing. Secretly Group is headquartered in Bloomington, IN, with offices in Brooklyn, London, Los Angeles, and additional staff in Paris, Berlin, Amsterdam, and beyond. We release music by artists such as Mitski, Bon Iver, Sharon Van Etten, Phoebe Bridgers, Khruangbin, Angel Olsen, Slowdive, Shame, Whitney, and serpentwithfeet.
Position Summary: The Community Marketing Manager is a newly created full time position at Secretly Group within the label group’s Marketing Department. This position is responsible for overseeing the label strategy and growth across all social media and community platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Twitch, Discord, Reddit, Community and more. You will review all aspects of fan engagement for both our artists and labels, developing informed strategies for Secretly Group to connect artists with their fans. You will manage the Social Media Coordinator on the label channel’s social output, maintain relationships with all relevant social platforms and work closely with the marketing department and artists’ teams to make sure they are implementing best practices across their channels. You will be responsible for implementing creative marketing across platforms, including using in-app tools, developing artist-led events or activations and commissioning third party influencers to promote Secretly Group artists and their releases. Additionally, you will be responsible for reporting on performance across channels and using metrics to help advise on strategy and best practices.
- Lead overall strategy on label channels and ensure we are implementing best practices across all platforms.
- Develop and maintain relationships with the music teams at relevant platforms, seeking opportunities for our artists and learning about new technologies and features we can use within our release campaigns.
- Collaborate with Marketing Department to integrate social strategy and activations into the greater marketing concepts, strategies and goals for artist campaigns.
- Develop innovative social marketing plans for artist campaigns
- Work closely with artist teams to optimize their strategies and best practices across channels
- Commission and run influencer campaigns for select projects
- Use analytics tools to create regular social performance reports and collate data that will inform our social strategy
- Manage and oversee Social Media Coordinator and other team members posting on label channels
- Oversee a robust content calendar that drives engagement across our various social media and communication campaigns to align with marketing strategies; work with Catalog Marketing Manager to support catalog releases and milestones
- Develop distinct social media franchises for each label brand
- Monitor artist fan communities and utilize observations to optimize our campaigns
- Oversee international social media accounts to develop strategy and best practices
- Oversee label newsletter strategy
- Work with DTC department to manage and grow database of fans and customers
- Stay up-to-date on current and emerging trends in technology and social media
The Ideal Candidate Demonstrates:
- 3+ years experience in social media and/or digital marketing at a record label, distributor, artist management company, DSP or marketing agency
- Deep understanding across multiple platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Reddit, Discord, Twitch and more
- Self-motivated, detail oriented, an ability to multitask and work with tight deadlines
- Exceptional eye for strong visual aesthetics and what effectively translates on each platform
- Ability to utilize analytics and data to inform decisions
- Excellent organization and project management skills
- Passion for Secretly Group labels and their artist rosters
SG Services, Inc. Benefits:
- Paid holidays including end of the year closure from December 23rd – January 1st
- Paid Time Off policy
- 401K with corporate matching immediately upon enrollment
- 12 weeks for parental leave after birth or adoption paid at 100% of salary
- Volunteer Hours Matching Policy
- Employee Assistance Program
- Health insurance:
- Maximum one month wait for enrollment in health insurance
- Medical plan with PPO & HSA options
- Dental plan w/rollover benefit (a portion of your unused annual maximum rolls over to the following year)
- Vision plan that offers access to over 43,000 provider locations nationwide (including private practice providers and retailers)
- Free Basic Life insurance and Voluntary Life insurance
Application Link: https://forms.gle/a5kW5Vv5NeR6N6JB9
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, nationality, or national origin.