Secretly Group Seeks a Full-Time Art Director
Secretly Group is a leading independently owned music company. Secretly’s major divisions include record labels Dead Oceans, Jagjaguwar, and Secretly Canadian, as well as Secretly Publishing. Secretly Group is headquartered in Bloomington, IN, with offices in Brooklyn, London, Los Angeles, and additional staff in Paris, Berlin, Amsterdam, and beyond.
Secretly Group seeks a talented Art Director with a keen and creative eye, as well as experience directing record production and branding campaigns at a record label. You will help craft the visual universes of our artists, from conceptualizing and designing artwork, to helping commission and craft other media and working with a global team of designers and a growing network of creatives. Whether it’s working side-by-side with a band on an LP package or the label’s marketing department on OOH campaigns, experiential events, music videos, and other media, this is a job that will reward craftsmanship as much as cross-disciplinary collaboration.
This position can be based in our Brooklyn NY, Los Angeles, CA, London, Chicago, IL or Bloomington, IN office.
The ideal candidate should…
- Be a creative thinker with a keen interest in visual arts and music.
- Have 5+ years of experience in working in graphic design including at a record label and/or with experience designing album records for production.
- Have a thorough skillset with Adobe Creative Suite, specifically, InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop as well as print and production processes.
- Have an ability to manage multiple concurrent deadlines, manage workload effectively and communicate well within a large organization
- Understand print processes and readying files for print and have a thorough knowledge of designing for web and digital platforms.
- Experience working within a creative environment with multiple stakeholders, musicians, managers, and a variety of personalities.
- Be a good communicator and skilled in communicating and conveying visual ideas in meetings and via presentations, decks, etc.
- Be as comfortable bringing creative ideas to the table as they are collaborating and facilitating others’ creative ambitions
- Additional skill sets including, photography, film production & editing, illustration, web design, 3d design, or other skills are a bonus.
- Be someone who is creative and has an interest in the label’s catalogs.
- Be interested in upcoming musical and technological trends in format to find new opportunities to market music and visuals.
- Leading art direction and design on full-stack album creative campaigns, including LP/CD sleeves and branding throughout the life of album releases.
- Leading and advising on commissioning of photography, videos, and other visuals with Creative Director and A&R.
- Managing strict deadlines, especially in a production and print capacity
- Working with the in-house design team to create assets for marketing and promotion of each release, including social media, motion graphics, posters, displays, print, and digital ads.
- Working on label-wide visual branding and other new initiatives.
- Collaborating, soliciting, and managing external creatives.
Health, Dental, Vision, and Life insurance
Paid vacation days
To apply and submit a cover letter, resume, and portfolio fill out the form at this link:
**All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, nationality, or national origin.