Secretly Group is seeking an individual for a mid-level A&R position working out of the label group’s Los Angeles office.
Primary duties include scouting and signing artists to the company at all levels of the developmental spectrum, and developing strong relationships with artists, producers, writers, managers, and lawyers. This role reports our VP of A&R.
- Awareness of emerging artists and signing new artists to Dead Oceans, Jagjaguwar, Secretly Canadian, and Secretly Publishing
- Work collaboratively with the rest of the A&R team and champion new artists
- Collaborating with artists on the story, visual language, campaign rollout, and post-release momentum
- Working with internal teams (marketing, digital, project managers and radio) to communicate artists’ vision
- Point person and resource for management and artists
Ideal Candidate will Possess:
- At least 3 years A&R experience working in the industry (record label, publisher, management company, events planning/booking company, agency, etc.) with proven success in that role.
- Experience working with artists (performers, songwriters, producers, etc) in a creative space.
- A track record for discovering & nurturing new artists, as well as a vision for how to maintain successful careers for them.
- Knowledge & passion of the musical landscape/marketplace, spanning across multiple genres.
- Extensive network within all levels of developing music, including managers, labels, lawyers, songwriters, and producers.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and networking skills, with an ability to prioritize.
- Familiarity with label group roster.
- High level of integrity, work ethic, communication, project management, and teamwork skills.
Contact: To apply or to recommend a qualified candidate send resumes directly to Jessie LaJoie, Secretly’s HR Director at [email protected]
All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, nationality, or national origin.
We encourage and welcome everyone to apply
Closing date: August 7th