Secretly Group A&R Scout
Title: A&R Scout, Secretly Group
Status: Part-time, contract based
Reports to: VP of A&R and London Director of A&R
Secretly Group is a leading independently-owned music company. Its major divisions include record labels Dead Oceans, Jagjaguwar, and Secretly Canadian, and music publisher Secretly Publishing. Headquartered in Bloomington, Indiana, Secretly Group also maintains offices in Brooklyn, London, Los Angeles, and Chicago. Founded in 1996, its roster counts Bon Iver, Phoebe Bridgers, Mitski, Angel Olsen, Shame, Porridge Radio, Japanese Breakfast, Whitney, Jamila Woods, Sharon Van Etten, Faye Webster, Unknown Mortal Orchestra, Claud, MUNA, serpentwithfeet, Slowdive, and Khruangbin among others. Secretly Publishing artist and writer partners include The War On Drugs, NNAMDI, Japanese Breakfast, Whitney, Faye Webster, Beach Fossils, as well as the publishing catalogs of affiliates Songs Of Numero Group and Ghostly Songs.
Position Summary: Secretly Group is seeking an individual for an A&R Scout position working out of the label group’s London office. Primary duties include scouting artists and assisting A&R team in the signing process and developing strong relationships with artists, producers, and managers.
- Scouting new artists and sharing with the wider A&Rteam
- Representing Secretly Group at live shows in and around London
- Attend weekly meetings and calls with A&R team
- Awareness of emerging artists and signing new artists to Dead Oceans, Jagjaguwar, Secretly Canadian, and Secretly Publishing
- Work collaboratively with the rest of the A&R team and champion new artists
Ideal Candidate will Possess:
- Passion and track record for discovering new artists
- Experience working with artists (performers, songwriters, producers, etc) in a creative space.
- Knowledge & passion of the musical landscape/marketplace, spanning across multiple genres.
- Excellent organizational, time management, and networking skills, with an ability to prioritize.
- Familiarity with label group roster.
- High level of integrity, work ethic, communication, and teamwork skills.
Application Link: https://forms.gle/aG5wc7nxRTewBk7GA
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to disability, protected veteran status, age, race, creed, color, religion, sex, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, ancestry, nationality, or national origin.