Sacks & Co., a New York based public relations firm specializing in music, independent film, theater and the arts, with additional offices in LA, Nashville and Seattle, seeks a full time Junior Publicist to join the New York or Nashville team.
A strong applicant will be passionate about music, entertainment and the arts and will possess a working knowledge of all genres of popular culture and media. The applicant will be articulate in written and spoken English, and though fluency in a second language isn’t a necessity, it is a strong asset. A strong preference for applicants living in New York, though those with plans to move immediately or imminently will be considered.
Duties will include:
- Assisting senior publicists with all aspects of national press campaigns
- Supporting and managing client relationships
- Searching for and circulating daily press clips
- Writing and servicing press releases, bios, quote sheets, etc.
- Pitching journalists at print and online outlets, as well as pitching clients to TV and national radio contacts
- Pitch regional print and online outlets for artists on tour
- Writing weekly press update reports
- Booking and attending in-person press opportunities with clients
- Attending shows and events in the evenings/outside of work hours (This is not a 9-5, and attendance of outside of work hours events is necessary)
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Self motivated and proactive
- Excellent organization and attention-to-detail
- Ability to handle multiple projects at once and multitask in a fast-paced working environment
- Ability to interact comfortably with employees at all levels and directly with artists/management