Saban is seeking a Jr. Executive to assist the CEO in overseeing its new record label with an exciting roster of new artists and talent.
This individual will help manage all aspects including A&R, contract negotiation, digital initiatives, production, marketing and promotion, distribution, corporate communications, label strategy, copyright, and artist discovery and development.
This individual is highly organized, proactive, and professional, excels at communication and can work across teams to help manage and execute on key projects and priorities, both large and small to scale our label’s project infrastructure.
The Jr. Executive will work closely with the label executive team to launch a comprehensive and successful product campaign.
- Assist the CEO in overseeing all aspects of record label functions, including – but not limited to – marketing, distribution, PR, touring, artist development, radio promotion, and so forth
- Act as label’s key point of contact for all individual talent managers
- Serve as main point of contact with artist and label clients that the creative team has brought in
- Take a leading role taking artists’ product from inception to marketplace, getting involved in all aspects of product release
- Strategize and initiate creative release campaigns for label’s artist roster
- Ensure that each talent managers coordinates the following:
- The planning of artist music campaigns, including global release schedules, promotional /social media campaigns, press, marketing and international touring
- Artists’ brand development and non-music related activities; film, fashion, tv, charity, etc.
- Artists’ promotional schedules, travel bookings, accommodation, relocation and itineraries
- Completion and delivery of promotional requests
- Accountable for the management of budgets for signed artists
- Oversee brand endorsements from contract to completion
- Maintain efficient communication and information flow with artist managers ensuring confidentiality and discretion at all times
- Acts as key management representative for artists on location when manager isn’t present, including promotional activities, photos shoots, tv shoots, events, etc.
- Develop and implement marketing plans for assigned artists/projects and coordinate the efforts for those projects across the label
- 5-7 years’ experience in talent management at a record label
- Proven previous experience breaking new artists and overseeing the execution of song release campaigns
- Experience as an A&R is preferred, but not necessary
- Experience working with big personalities
- 24/7 availability
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, PR, or other relevant field
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Experience creating executive-level presentations
- Practical and pragmatic business sense; proven track record as a strategic advisor and trusted business partner
- Entrepreneurial, out-of-the box thinker, with a roll-up-your sleeves mentality and a collaborative hands-on approach
- Proactive in problem solving, comfortable with completing tasks with some level of ambiguity
- Exceptionally strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to learn quickly, work independently with a sense of urgency and stay focused on the task at hand despite (often times) changing directives
- Multi-tasking. Ability to work on multiple projects and varied activities simultaneously in a very fast-paced environment
- Full commitment to the success of the business and highest standards of achievement is expected in this position