Saban Music Group is seeking a part time studio sound engineer to work with our roster of artists and producers to create the next global hits. Key duties include setting up and testing audio equipment and working with the latest DAW to create and edit musical compositions. This individual will also be responsible for touching up the sound quality and special effects of the recording.
- Maintaining Equipment: Sound engineers set up and take down audio equipment. They experiment with placement and test everything out to achieve the best results. They are mindful of safety concerns so that performers and audience members do not trip over cords or knock over equipment.
- Contribute to Performances: During recording sessions, sound engineers produce and alter sound to enhance the production. For instance, they might employ sound effects or adjust microphones to create ideal compositions. If a sound-related problem arises, sound engineers must think on their feet to quickly resolve the situation, such as by fixing equipment or getting someone a different microphone.
- Recording: Sound engineers sometimes work as part of a team to capture musical performances. They determine the best places in which to position microphones and other sound equipment to capture voices and reduce background noise. Sound engineers also record music or voices directly in a studio for products.
- Mixing and Editing: Sound engineers enhance a final product, often in conjunction with others. For example, a sound engineer may work with a singer to layer music to achieve a certain effect.
- Making Recommendations: Because of their expertise, sound engineers will be asked make suggestions and changes to the musical composition. Some sound engineers may examine the needs of clients, and help to perfect the composition. Complies with all SMG and government mandated safety rules around COVID-19 and makes sure all guests comply as well.
- Must be flexible regarding hours; availability on nights/weekends required
- 5 years experience recording, editing, and mixing software
- Sound troubleshooting and diagnostics experience
- High school diploma, required. Associate degree or other relevant certification preferred
- Experience with computer software (such as Pro Tools and Logic) used to record, edit and mix music, voices, and sounds
- Familiarity with audio mixing console or board, microphones, and equalizers
- Must be an excellent communicator, with the ability to escalate issues as appropriate
- Experience in and passion for the music industry; interest in developing a career in the industry
- Ability to work well with others and interact comfortably, effectively and professionally with external partners
- A good ear and creative spirit
- Ability to work under high pressure and willing to learn in a fast-paced environment
- Must be flexible, able to multi-task and manage time effectively
- Excellent organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision
- Able to lift and move equipment up to 25lbs; open to working in an environment with moderate to loud noise level
Saban Music Group is a Los Angeles-based recorded, publishing and all-around music rights entertainment company with a worldwide view of the industry. The company embraces the globalization of music and works with artists with international appeal. Saban Music Group focuses on signing and breaking new acts by building bridges where artists and business partners can efficiently reach their target audiences. Operationally, the company has three main pillars: artists signed as partners to 360 models, a music publishing entity, and an acquisitions arm, working together with the agility and flexibility of an independent startup and the resources of a major label, music publisher and investor.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.