Saban Music Group is seeking a passionate, creative, and well-connected A&R professional to join its label. This individual will secure new songs for our amazing roster, evaluate new talent, provide creative input to the production process and act as a liaison between label management and the creative teams. Must have an ear to the ground for pop and urban music and the ability to understand the current evolution of these two genres influence audience tastes.
- Evaluate roster and match each artist’s talents with the best writers, producers, and engineers in the industry
- Build and maintain relationships with artists, managers, producers, engineers, and song writers and seek out new relationships as necessary to ensure artist success
- Review and recommend demo submissions
- Coordinate songwriting camps on behalf of SMG
- Facilitate songwriting and production collaborations working closely with production management companies and publishers
- Find producers, writers, session musicians and sound engineers for special projects within pop and urban genres
- Discover new remix artists, maintain, and develop relationships with established DJs, work with A&R management in creating competitive remix packages for key songs
- Provide detailed and constructive, creative feedback on new music to all stakeholders including artists, producers, and label teams
- Understand basic deal points (advances, publishing splits, royalties) and market rates for talent and work with A&R administration to build recording budgets
- Keep projects within agreed budget, schedule, and timeline
- Confirm all recording related documents are accurate and fully executed
- Manage & coordinate full A&R lifecycle, from research to recording/production process to product release
- Work closely with all necessary departments and team members including marketing, publicity, promotion, commerce, legal and finance to ensure recorded material is commercially successful
- Research data and assets across a wide variety artists and within the pop and urban genres
- Attend showcases, concerts, and performances at clubs, venues, and festivals
- 3-7 years music industry experience with a track record of finding top songs for artists
- Knack for finding “trends” before they become mainstream
- Passionate about the music industry and all pop and urban music genres
- Strong knowledge of pop and urban music and the ability to identify what is commercially viable and most importantly be able to see the next music trends on the horizon
- Excellent communication, relationship building, and time management skills
- Ability to negotiate and influence, leading all parties to an amicable outcome
- Work well independently, take initiative, and identify potential issues to successfully problem solve and make sound business decisions
- Ability to work cohesively with others and interact comfortably, effectively, and professionally with external partners
- Well organized and highly detail oriented
- Ability to work under high pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible, able to multi-task and manage time effectively
- Establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision
- Flexible regarding hours; availability on nights/weekends as required; ability to travel and attend shows as required
- Excellent computer skills, MS Office, and internet savvy
Saban Music Group is a Los Angeles-based recorded, publishing, and all-around music rights entertainment company with a worldwide view of the industry. The company embraces the globalization of music and works with artists with international appeal. Saban Music Group focuses on signing and breaking new acts by building bridges where artists and business partners can efficiently reach their target audiences. Operationally, the company has three main pillars: artists signed as partners to 360 models, a music publishing entity, and an acquisitions arm, working together with the agility and flexibility of an independent startup and the resources of a major label, music publisher and investor.
For more information, please contact Kristine Bohrer, Recruiter at [email protected] or 646.725.4685.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.