The Head of Marketing is responsible for creating campaigns that drive maximum exposure to a targeted consumer base that results in maximizing growth for our artists’ fan bases and adoption of their repertoire.
The desired candidate will have a minimum of 7 years of experience leading marketing at a music label and have an acute sense of modern marketing tools to break through today’s crowded digital and social media landscape. This position will report directly to the CEO and will lead a team of 3-5 professionals. The ideal candidate will be a quick-thinking team player who can lead with charisma and contribute creatively to the marketing process.
- Create and drive brand strategy for each artist and their projects
- Design short and long-term marketing plans for artists in terms of overall brand awareness, release cycle, touring plans, merchandising with consistent marketing messaging and themes
- Lead marketing team in strategy development, planning meetings and consumer acquisition
- Provide significant out of the box creative input into progressive marketing campaigns
- Direct the strategic and cost-efficient use of marketing budgets
- Direct and oversee day-to-day functions of marketing support staff while providing coaching and guidance to increase productivity
- Provide visual branding direction for artist imaging, album packaging, and music/marketing videos for the artist roster in coordination with the creative team and senior management
- Lead creative process and research unique marketing opportunities to help support each artist’s individual brand
- Lead brainstorming, strategic, and tactical planning meetings to provide cross-functional synergy
- Analyze market conditions and marketing plan effectiveness on an ongoing basis; adjusting in real time as necessary
- Develop and foster strong professional working relationships across A&R, operations, finance, senior management, artists, artist managers and touring booking agents
- Effectively manage all third-party vendors including marketing consultants, PR consultants, press release writers, video production companies, photographers, etc.
- Attend industry events and coordinate appearances for artists
- Travel for promotional events and meetings as needed
- Experience leading marketing at a music label for at least 7 years
- Expertise in global marketing strategies leveraging the latest and greatest technology partners, digital marketing tools and social media platforms
- Demonstrates an understanding of how to utilize YouTube for a highly influential outcome
- Exhibits an understanding of diverse data sets and ability to translate them into actionable marketing plans that drive awareness, fan engagement and ultimately revenue growth
- Proven creative experience, including campaign oversight and team leadership in a fast- paced, creative arena
- Extensive experience in the music industry, including Latin and international
- Experience managing a team of direct reports
- Possess an insatiable appetite for marketing innovation and desire to bring the artists’ music to the world
- Eats, lives and breathes music with an intense passion to win
- Proactively and productively thrives in an entrepreneurial setting, while being receptive, open-minded, and objective when encountering diverse points of view
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree preferred but not required
- Fluent in Spanish is a plus but not required
Saban Music Group is a Los Angeles-based recorded, publishing, and all-around music rights entertainment company with a worldwide view of the industry. The company embraces the globalization of music and works with artists with international appeal. Saban Music Group focuses on signing and breaking new acts by building bridges where artists and business partners can efficiently reach their target audiences. Operationally, the company has three main pillars: artists signed as partners to 360 models, a music publishing entity, and an acquisitions arm, working together with the agility and flexibility of an independent startup and the resources of a major label, music publisher and investor.
For more information please contact Kristine Bohrer, Recruiter at [email protected] or 646.725.4685.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.