Saban Music Group is seeking an innovative, entrepreneurial, and driven storyteller to join our company and lead all creative. The Creative Director is responsible for producing and executing campaigns that drive maximum exposure and desired results for our groundbreaking roster of artists and their music. The ideal candidate will be an inventive visionary who can contribute creatively to marketing and fan acquisition by driving the creative vision of each artist and their projects. This position will report directly to the SVP of Marketing.
- Lead creative strategy, planning and execution to drive artist and SMG marketing goals
- Work collaboratively with senior management, SVP of Marketing, Sr Director of Digital Marketing, company resources, artist, artist reps, freelance designers, etc. to bring artist brand and music campaign narratives to life
- Actively participate in brainstorming, strategic, and tactical planning meetings to provide out-of-the-box creative input and translate agreed messages into creative assets and progressive marketing campaigns
- Develop rich storytelling through multi-faceted, multi-channel campaigns that include content strategy, social, CRM, media buys, influencers, and other tools
- Lead ideation and production of marketing assets, content, and promotion materials
- Create content that is commercially marketable, attention grabbing and disruptive while delivering assets that are aligned with industry technical standards
- Direct the strategic and cost-efficient use of marketing budget investment while hitting tight deadlines across multiple campaigns
- Provide visual branding direction for artist imaging, album packaging, and music/marketing videos
- Collaborate closely with in-house designer on all design deadlines and asset delivery
- Manage the trade advertising campaigns for SMG artists
- Manage photoshoots, agreements, and execution for all SMG artists
- Travel for promotional events, artist appearances, industry events and meetings as needed
- Manage music video productions, photo shoots, live streaming, live performances from initial ideation to completion
- Experience leading creative marketing at a music label for at least 5 years
- Expert in global marketing strategies leveraging the latest and greatest technology partners, digital developers and social media platforms
- Demonstrated creative experience, including campaign oversight and team leadership in a fast- paced, creative arena
- Solid understanding of consumer behavior and digital marketing trends across social media, CRM, and media buying
- Insatiable appetite to learn and adopt modern creative innovations to connect with today’s fans
- Passion to bring artists’ music to the world
- Exceptional communication skills, including superior listening ability
- Great writer and creative visionary a must
- Energetic self-starter capable of owning important responsibilities and seeing them through to completion with minimal oversight
- Strong critical thinking skills and an ability to make informed decisions quickly and efficiently
- Experience managing vendors and getting to the finish line on time and on budget
- Ability to proactively and productively thrive in a start-up and entrepreneurial setting, while being receptive, open-minded and objective when encountering diverse points of view
- Ability to speak confidently while exhibiting professional diplomacy when delivering a sensitive message
- Lives, sleeps and breathes music with intense passion and exceptional execution
- Expert in creative tools including Photoshop, Adobe Creative, etc.
- Experience supervising employees a plus
- Fluent in English and Spanish preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Position is based in Los Angeles, California
Saban Music Group is a Los Angeles-based recorded, publishing and all-around music rights entertainment company with a worldwide view of the industry. The company embraces the globalization of music and works with artists with international appeal. Saban Music Group focuses on signing and breaking new acts by building bridges where artists and business partners can efficiently reach their target audiences. Operationally, the company has three main pillars: artists signed as partners to 360 models, a music publishing entity, and an acquisitions arm, working together with the agility and flexibility of an independent startup and the resources of a major label, music publisher and investor.
For more information please contact Kristine Bohrer, Recruiter at firstname.lastname@example.org or 646.725.4685.
We are committed to creating a diverse environment and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.