Head of A&R at Rubyworks Records
Rubyworks is a Record Label and Artist Management company. Rubyworks is responsible for discovering and developing internationally renowned recording artists, such as Grammy winners and multiple nominated artists Hozier and Rodrigo y Gabriela among many others and selling millions of albums worldwide.
The Head of A&R at Rubyworks Records will be responsible for finding and acquiring recording artists, songs and producers as well as leading artist development efforts for designated artists in their genre. This role will report directly to the Founder of Rubyworks and can be in a remote position with a competitive salary. Rubyworks is based in Dublin.
- Have a solid previous proven track record of finding and successfully developing emerging talent
- Be well connected with producers and mixers across a diverse range of genres
- You have a minimum of 5-10 years of experience in the music industry
- Have excellent people management skills
- Well organised with great attention to detail
- Strong knowledge and understanding of marketing and promotion
- Driven / always learning / passionate
DUTIES WILL INCLUDE
- Finding new artists who are innovators in their fields and doing so in new and interesting ways, not just following the crowd
- Attending gigs and live events
- A&Ring artist projects in a studio environment and otherwise
- Working with the label manager to devise innovative strategies to break new talent
- Find and acquire recording artists, songs and producers through demos, recordings and live performances.
- Cultivate relationships with artists and representatives and negotiate deals.
- Solicit producers and coordinate meetings with artists and producers.
- Spearhead recording, mixing and mastering sessions.
- Select singles and key tracks.
- Gather deliverables, negotiate producer agreements, mixer agreements, gather label copy and deliver assets to the operations team.
- Act as liaison with artist, artist managers and art department regarding marketing concepts.
- Provide comprehensive feedback on new music to head of the label.
- Review and recommend submitted/solicited demos as well as online material.
- Provide creative input and direction on artist’s material.
- Plan and monitor recording budgets for assigned projects.
- Keep projects within agreed budget and schedule/timeline.
HOW TO APPLY
Please email your CV to Nmuckian@rubyworks.com no later than 8th August 2023 with “Head of A&R, Rubyworks Records” in the subject line. Due to volume of applications unfortunately we won’t be able to respond to every application.