Let’s start with something that’s important.
People will rely on you in this position. You won’t be stuck at a desk waiting for 5pm. Instead, you’ll be busy. You’ll be the rock that people can rely on to own the process, solve problems and get the job done. In return, you’ll be working with great people and will have the opportunity to meet really interesting people; musicians, investors, inventors, fund managers.
We are a marketplace that focuses on transparency and honesty to bring music creators together with investors. Music creators love us because we give them access to capital to fund their career. Investors love us because we help them generate income that’s hard to beat.
Our team is growing and we are looking for people with the skills and desire to exceed our needs today and help us win in the future. What we need today looks vastly different than what we need in the future. Your ability to grow and develop with us is essential.
Catalog Valuations and Listings are what drives revenue at Royalty Exchange.
You’ll support the sales team by helping our Senior Financial analyst deliver pricing for a music creators catalog. This might be tedious at times as you sift through a complex web of data but you love turning the complex into a simple summary.
After the sales team signs a deal with a seller, the ball is fully in your court. You will be the liaison between the seller, their team and their buyer and you are responsible for the efficiency and success of each deal.
You will work to create a compelling financial presentation of the asset they are listing to attract buyers to the Royalty Exchange marketplace.
But the job doesn’t end there.
Once the deal closes, you will work with the seller to guide them through the process to close the transaction. This will require you to build rapport quickly and provide excellent service and communication to get the deal done. You can’t sit around waiting for someone to get back to you. Your ability to get buy-in, cooperation and quick responses is key to success in this role.
- Support catalog valuation process by responding to tasks assigned by the Senior Financial Analyst. These will include statement analysis, basic cash flow modeling and pricing for assets.
- Own listing process from listing agreement to final settlement of transfer with a drive to expediency and 100% accuracy at every step
- Write clear, accurate, concise, and consistent listings and marketing emails to drive traffic to the listing
- Set client expectations through seller due diligence process and keep them updated at each and every step
- Analyze earnings data to look for trends and highlights to assist in the marketing of the catalog
- Work effectively with internal teams to creatively address roadblocks and generate ideas for supporting the sales team on difficult and challenging deals
- Communicate efficiently and quickly. Build rapport with music royalty partners and obtain their cooperation as quickly as possible. Don’t waste our partners time and learn to communicate with them in a way that answers all their questions from the start and allows them to do their job quickly and efficiently.
- Constantly look for opportunities to improve our internal processes and increase revenue for our clients and our business
- Leverage the use of our existing technology or find additional technology to increase capacity
Knowledge and Required Critical Skills/Expertise:
- An owner at heart with an entrepreneurial spirit and a willingness to understand new businesses and industries.
- Solid writing skills are essential to this position with experience in financial writing an added plus
- Data analysis skills with the ability to identify errors and explore causes for outliers
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively to buyers/sellers as well as internal team members
- Technical expertise in Excel and some experience with CRM or Marketing automation tools to achieve a successful transaction
- A high comfort level for computers, technology, and be willing to embrace new solutions
- Self-motivation and a passion to learn
- Effective time management and organization is essential to this position
A college degree required, preferably with concentrations in business, finance, communications, marketing, or other applicable background. Although all candidates will be considered, at least two years of professional experience is required. Experience in sales, finance, or marketing is preferred. Music industry experience is a plus!
You will be working in a team environment, so interpersonal communication and communal problem-solving skills are crucial. You will help manage and direct the transaction closing process and all the associated parties. An ability to understand and deal effectively with co-workers, vendors, and developers regarding performance concerns or issues according to company best practices regardless of attitude, behavior or tone of the individual is essential.
Benefits: Medical, Vision, Life, Dental, 401K