Round Hill Music is a full-service, creative music company with a core focus on music publishing. The company runs a music publishing division, sync and royalty administration, music production library business, a record label and label services division as well as a Nashville songwriter services group with offices in New York, Los Angeles, Nashville, and London.
We are searching for an innovative, experienced VP, Data Analytics based in Nashville, TN or New York, NY. This position will work closely with the Global Royalty and Finance teams to ensure prompt and accurate royalty accountings for our family of songwriters worldwide.
- Forecasting and maintaining royalty budgets and projections across all Funds on a rolling basis
- Create quarterly analysis and insight, variance, catalog same store sales growth/decline, NPS/ NLS by income type, geography, genre
- Using data to help refine decay curve predictions on songs younger than 10 years to help support internal valuation process
- Prepare figures and associated materials for Investor Days, Annual Meetings, Board Presentations, Quarterly Internal Reporting, and Pitchbooks etc.
- Become Round Hill’s internal expert on industry-wide reporting from sources including the RIAA, NMPA, MRC, Music and Copyright, Goldman Sachs, etc. on publishing and recorded industry revenue and projection trends
Use these data sets to extract insight on music genres and trends
- Work with the Royalties team to create standard quarterly reports
- Work with the Royalties and Finance Teams on analyzing system data to help support quarterly income accruals for the London public listing
- Establish a protocol for data analytics (incorporating all tracking-related activities, as understood within the publishing industry) for RHM worldwide and single-handedly take on the role which is expected to yield financial results within 2H 2021
a) Develop an income tracking process. Potentially hire Income Tracking staff
b) Understand tools available for income tracking like BMAT, Music Connect, and analyze value of such tools
- Work with the COO on system development to improve retrievability of copyright and royalty data
- Critically appraise royalty accountings from all sources (the priority being RHM’s sub publishers, but including CMOs, labels and DSPs) to ensure compliance with contractual arrangements and completeness from an accounting perspective
- Own the client audit process, from both a licensee and licensor stand point
- Act as Product Owner Agent (per Agile methodology) for RHM’s global metadata project and all metadata-related requirements
- Have significant input into the process of providing metadata to DSPs and other aggregators, including identification / extraction from RHM’s systems and enhancing where appropriate
- Build out RHM’s internal reporting requirements and support the various business units in any reporting / data requests
- Maintain catalog level historical performance, drill in and understand idiosyncrasies in the data and be able to draw conclusions to aid Round Hill’s equity story
- Review and analyze catalog / portfolio data to help provide more transparency and help with investor diligence requests
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Math, Accounting, or a related field, or equivalent years of experience in a relevant field
- Results oriented with strong analytical skills and problem solving ability
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and effectively (orally and in writing)
- Strong organizational skills with ability to work on multiple projects
- Data manipulation, visualization and presentation skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Word)
- Proficient in SQL and/or similar languages
- Ability to maintain high levels of accuracy
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to prioritize and effectively follow through under pressure and/or tight deadlines
Round Hill Music is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All applicants will receive equal opportunity for employment without regard to age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, or creed.
To apply, please submit a cover letter explaining your interest in this position and resume/CV to [email protected]