Round Hill Music Store is a new retail concept from Round Hill Music based on Greenwich Avenue in Greenwich, CT that is dedicated to providing an upscale music retail experience for lovers of music. This store will focus on new and used vinyl, high end apparel (high end t shirts and other music related fashion items) and sell only the top boutique guitars, pedals and amplifier brands all under one roof! Business will be complemented by a strong online presence and e-commerce website.
Round Hill is looking for a store manager with in-depth knowledge of music across many genres and eras, from new releases to the sixties. The store manager must have experience in both vinyl and guitar sales and have a strong independent work ethic. Due to current renovations, the first year of this position will revolve around consulting and oversight on the design and build out of the store. The ideal candidate must enjoy being on the sales floor and interacting with customers and also be committed to their team by doing whatever it takes to help them be successful.
- Initially work to help design the store layout and overall strategy, then once open 5-6 days a week, set up operations
- Develop business strategies to raise our customers’ pool, expand store traffic and optimize profitability
- Maintain outstanding store condition and visual merchandising standards
- Report on buying trends, customer needs, profits etc
- Propose innovative ideas to increase market share
- Deal with all issues that arise from staff or customers
- Complete store administration and ensure compliance with policies and procedures
- Full responsibility for all aspects of this location including sales performance and control of expenses
- Handle, care for, and evaluation of playback
- Inventory control including physical inventory procedures and reconciliation
- Provide sales and operational guidance and assistance to other store associates with a focus on delivering excellent customer experience
- Maintain all social media accounts
- Must have passion for music
- Must have experience in vinyl and/or guitar retail
- At least 3 years in a retail store leadership role with focus on a high level of customer satisfaction
- Knowledge of guitars and associated gear required
- Website maintenance, social media account management experience required
- Proficient computer skills: Microsoft Office programs including: Outlook, Word and Excel
- Strong Interpersonal skills and the ability to communication both verbally, and in writing, in a clear and professional manner
- Must be able to learn, adapt and grow in role to achieve results
- Punctual and quick to respond to the needs of our customers, suppliers and employees
- Experience and ability to inspire and motivate teams to achieve success
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends and holidays if necessary
- Point of Sale software experience (preferred)
- High school or equivalent (preferred)
- 3 + years of supervisory experience (preferred)
Be a true partner in the business and earn up to 20% equity in this location over time! Fun and relaxed work environment!
Full benefits package
Round Hill Music is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All applicants will receive equal opportunity for employment without regard to age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, or creed.
To apply, please submit a cover letter explaining your interest in this position and resume/CV to resumes to [email protected]