Round Hill Music is a full-service, creative music company with a core focus on music publishing.
The company runs a music publishing division, sync and royalty administration, music production library business, a record label and label services division as well as a Nashville songwriter services group with offices in New York, Los Angeles, Nashville, and London.
We are seeking a candidate with 3- 5 years of music licensing experience at a music publishing company or record label. This position will work closely with the Copyright and Royalties department and will be responsible for drafting, executing, and tracking licenses for works in the Round Hill Music and Carlin publishing catalogs, as well as Round Hill Records. This position is based in Nashville.
- Draft, Send and Receive Fully Executed Mechanical and Sample Licenses
- Mechanical Licensing of Compositions and Master Recordings
- Mechanical & Digital Licensing of works, directly and through HFA, CMRRA
- Request Mechanical Licenses for Record Label releases
- Digital filing of all licenses
- Entering license details/metadata into MusicMaestro and iMaestro
- Income Tracking for executed licenses
- Researching and tracking down unlicensed releases
- Negotiating rates and fees as well as drafting Sample Licenses
- Correspond with HFA, CMRRA to confirm direct licenses
- Review and file Notices of Intent (NOI) and Advice Letters
- Experience drafting Mechanical and other types of music licenses with a publisher and/or record label
- Understanding of Controlled Compositions
- Familiarity with HFA and CMRRA
- Excellent research and electronic search skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be Familiar with Mac and Windows operating systems and various computer software including: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook, Access)
- Positive attitude, an eagerness to learn and a demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment while juggling multiple tasks and priorities.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Experience negotiating rates/fees for licenses (preferred)
- Experience reading and comprehending publishing and recording agreements (preferred)
- Experience with MusicMaestro and iMaestro (preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Music Business or related field (preferred)
Round Hill Music is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All applicants will receive equal opportunity for employment without regard to age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, or creed.
If interested, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com