Round Hill Music is a full-service, creative music company with a core focus on music publishing.
The company runs a music publishing division, sync and royalty administration, music production library business, a record label and label services division as well as a Nashville songwriter services group with offices in New York, Los Angeles, Nashville, and London.
We are seeking a candidate with 1+ years of experience in copyright administration/music business or related experience at a copyright company. This position will be responsible for day-to-day copyright administration duties associated with Round Hill’s catalog, as well as ensuring Round Hill Music’s works are correctly registered, claimed, and licensed. This position is based in Nashville.
- Enter works into CounterPoint/Vistex’s MusicMaestro and iMaestro (inclusive of IP, ISRC, ISWC, and other metadata)
- Register works with domestic and foreign Performing/Mechanical/Digital Rights Societies via CWR and other accepted formats
- Track Performing/Mechanical/Digital Rights Societies updates to ensure timely and accurate completion
- Research copyright inquiries and resolve counterclaims
- Prepare and issue label copy and publishing credits. Maintain Round Hill’s claims on applications such as Music Data Exchange (MDX).
- Respond and assist writers, publishers and labels with various inquiries
- Review and file Notices of Intent (NOI)
- Register works with the US Copyright Office
- Work on projects assigned by the Head of Administration and other senior staff
- Experience reading and comprehending purchase, publishing, and administration agreements
- Familiarity with HFA, ASCAP, BMI, SESAC, and PRS
- Excellent research and electronic search skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with both Mac and Windows operating systems
- Competency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Positive attitude, an eagerness to learn and a demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment while juggling multiple tasks and priorities.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Experience with CounterPoint/Vistex’s MusicMaestro and iMaestro (preferred)
- Experience with CWR and Acknowledgment files (preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Music Business or related field (preferred)
Round Hill Music is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All applicants will receive equal opportunity for employment without regard to age, disability, national origin, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, veteran or military status, marital and civil partnership/union status, alienage or citizenship status, or creed.
If interested, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org