Job Title: Warehouse & Fulfilment Manager
Contract: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: € – based on experience & competitive with performance bonus
Rough Trade is coming to Europe, on and offline.
For over 40 years, Rough Trade has been trusted by customers and the music industry to shine a spotlight on the best new music from all over the world. This has afforded Rough Trade a unique role and scope of opportunity within the UK and Global music retail industry. There is no other music retail shopping experience quite like that offered by Rough Trade. This role is a unique chance to be part of something truly special within the music retail landscape, and for the right candidate to truly make their mark.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Warehouse & Fulfilment Manager to join a well-established, independently owned retailer with a great reputation to set up and develop our fulfilment structure in Europe.
Working with senior teams in the UK & DE, you will be managing our warehouse operations within our EU fulfilment centre, located in Berlin, Germany. As a professional multitasker, you will direct and oversee the receiving, handling, storing, picking, and packing activities within the warehouse, ensuring quality standards are met at every turn.
The ideal candidate will have recent experience with the demands, nuances and complexities of the EU/DE vinyl market, someone who is also exceptionally detail oriented, and able to track multiple facets of the warehouse at any given time. The role delivers high levels of inventory accuracy; consistently high warehouse productivity levels; ultimately overseeing the fulfilment and throughput of thousands of product orders every year.
You will report directly to the EU Managing Director.
Objectives of this Role
- Hands-on, ‘can do’ leadership that delivers dependable results and commands respect from a growing team of full and part-time employees
- Laser focus on fulfilment productivity and scalability, ensuring warehouse operations (from goods received, order capture, to pick/packing and customer service), workflow, costs, staffing, and supplies, are all operating as productively and efficiently as possible, whilst ensuring that fulfilment has the capacity to scale up and down at short notice in reaction to peaks and troughs of e-commerce demand
- Communication on a daily basis with other inter-company departments (e.g. Buying, Store, Marketing, etc) to maintain continual awareness of incoming product and customer expectations, to react to vendor supply issues, to project staffing shift patterns, to foresee and minimise customer service issues, etc
- Develop warehouse operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements, equipment utilisation, inventory management, gate processes, and shipping
- Recruit, train and manage a warehouse team to solve day-to-day operational issues and reach short and long-term performance goals, whilst reviewing, analysing, and developing actionable plans for productivity and loss prevention
- Oversee daily operations, while controlling and managing inventory and logistics, including packaging materials and sales product
- Review and prepare workflow, manning and space requirements, equipment layout, and action plans while ensuring productivity, quality and customer service standards are met
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by establishing, following, and enforcing standards and procedures and complying with legal regulations
- Supervise daily activities of the warehouse, including quality assurance, inventory control, space management, logistics, floor productivity, shipping, and customer service
- Recruit, train and develop the Warehouse team to deliver an engaged & motivated team. Develop a working culture that celebrates Rough Trade’s unique qualities and heritage
- Schedule and oversee the warehouse team to meet the demands of the fulfilment centre, and manage the flow and quality of work to maximise efficiency and minimise overtime
- Ensuring up-to-date employee Health & Safety measures and practices are compliant and follow best practice
- Inspect equipment, tools, and machinery regularly, and oversee general maintenance as needed
- Oversee and manage logistics utilised to transport products to customers and internal facilities, communicating with drivers and air partners to ensure efficient delivery of packages
Experience & Skills
- 3+ years experience in a warehouse lead role managing hourly employee
- Fluent in German and English
- Great relationship-building and communication skills.
- Proficient knowledge of warehouse policy and procedure
- Excellent computer software and numerical skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills and leadership qualities
- Ability to work with all levels of company staff
- Comfortable delivering frequent direct written and oral feedback
- Valid drivers licence
At Rough Trade we value diversity and inclusion across everything that we do. From the records that we sell to the events that we hold, to the incredible people that work in our stores, warehouses, and offices, we are committed to delivering the best possible experience for everybody.
Department: Warehouse & Fulfilment
Locations: Berlin, Germany