Salary: €Competitive + Equity Options + Performance Related Bonus
We are looking for someone to lead the creation and growth of Rough Trade’s European retail business. The ideal candidate for this role will thrive on the challenge to take a well-loved British music retailer brand and translate/adapt it for the European market.
You will need to demonstrate a deep understanding of e-commerce & digital marketing, physical retail operations, people management and financial management. You will be driven & motivated to deliver financial and operational targets whilst growing a market leading team from scratch. Having alongside a passion for music will be integral to success in this role. You will be driven & motivated to deliver financial and operational targets whilst growing a market leading team from scratch.
The hub for Rough Trade’s European expansion is Berlin and the ideal candidate for this role must be able to develop exceptional relationships with artists, labels, distributors and brand partners.
You will work closely with colleagues in the UK and US and your role will be to take the spirit and history of Rough Trade and deploy that in the most appropriate way for the European market(s). You will understand the importance of an omni-channel strategy and have a great understanding of how e-commerce & event-retail have changed the retail marketplace. You’ll understand what is the best strategy for Rough Trade to appeal to the myriad different customers across Europe.
You will report to the board of directors.
What you’ll do
- Develop the strategic plan for the launch of Rough Trade in Europe.
- Learn existing Rough Trade business practice and adapt for the European market.
- Recruit and develop a team from scratch.
- Implement and manage systems & processes to help you manage the European business.
- Full accountability for Own the external relationships from record labels, artists and distributors to other Rough Trade entities (UK & US).
- Full accountability for all aspects of business performance and report directly to the board.
- Plan and budget profit & loss and cash flow. Own the day-to-day financial management and performance of the business, including budgets, profit and loss, and cash flow.
- Research and develop product and marketing plans. Work out how best to translate Rough Trade’s product & brand history to the European market(s).
Who you are
- Fluent in written and spoken German & English.
- Have 5+ years in a senior leadership role for a customer facing company.
- Demonstrate excellent understanding of retail and digital marketing trends.
- Passionate about music and culture and able to demonstrate a deep understanding of music trends within relevant markets.
- Great with people. Able to recognise & foster talent across all functions.
- Great with data. Able to listen to the right data points and gain genuine insight that drives strategic change.
- Customer obsessed. You must be able to demonstrate that you have ultimate respect for our customers and are able to listen and adapt based on customer feedback.