Title: Digital Marketing Manager
Contract: Permanent, Full-time
Location: Berlin / Hybrid
Salary: € – based on experience & competitive with performance bonus
Rough Trade is coming to Europe, on and offline.
For over 40 years, Rough Trade has been trusted by customers and the music industry to shine a spotlight on the best new music from all over the world. This has afforded Rough Trade a unique role and scope of opportunity within the UK and Global music retail industry. There is no other music retail shopping experience quite like that offered by Rough Trade. This role is a unique chance to be part of something truly special within the music retail landscape, and for the right candidate to truly make their mark.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Digital Marketing professional to join a well-regarded, independently owned omnichannel retailer to shape the market entry of Rough Trade’s digital proposition and E-commerce in Europe.
Working with the senior teams in the UK & DE, the Digital Marketing Manager will enjoy a high-profile role within the business and be a key driver in the firm’s continued success.
You will report directly to the EU Managing Director.
- Own the output and performance of all Rough Trade EU retail digital channels, including roughtrade.com & social media.
- Support E-Commerce performance through effective day-to-day management of Rough Trade’s website & SoMe channels. Reviewing key metrics such as conversion rate, customer engagement, AOV & other performance indicators.
- Deliver an exceptional customer journey across all digital platforms through to product delivery, including click and collect from the brand’s retail network. Listen to user feedback to adapt our approach and services.
- Make tactical changes within the team to adapt to market conditions, ensuring the business is at the forefront of the industry and gaining competitive advantage at every opportunity.
- Support our acquisition strategy through PPC, SEO & Affiliate marketing in conjunction with our UK-based acquisition manager.
- Perform platform analysis of Rough Trade’s Social Media channels and optimizations through analytical deep dives
- Understand and execute online advertising campaigns (Facebook / Instagram, Tik Tok, Google Ads, etc.)
- Research and report on trends and changes in the digital landscape
- Inform the team’s understanding of the fast-paced, dynamic world in which fans interact with music digitally
- Report on performance focusing on key analytics and metrics, including control of marketing budget.
Experience and Skills
- 3+ years experience in digital marketing. Ideally, with a music/retail business background.
- Fluent in German and English
- Expertise and experience working with technical teams in a product/project management role.
- Strong organisational skills with a proven record of supporting multiple projects at once with tight deadlines
- In-depth understanding of social media and ability to harness platforms successfully
- Finger on the pulse of key marketing trends and new platforms
- Experience with third-party digital marketing tools and analytic platforms for IG, FB, Tik Tok, Twitter
- Demonstrated ability to invent and execute innovative ideas
- Robust research skills
- Commercially focussed with a great understanding of the metrics that are worth tracking
- Motivated by delighting customers with a firm understanding of what makes a great digital experience for our customers.
- Strong understanding of digital marketing trends and Rough Trade’s positioning within the music retail market.
You will be the in-house expert for all things Digital Marketing. Experience working at an advanced level within a customer focussed E-Commerce setting would be ideal.
You will be able to demonstrate a track record of developing successful digital marketing strategies.
Joining a people focussed business, your strong technical experience will be backed by great people skills. Your passion for all things digital and delivering success for the business will be self-evident, as will your commitment.
This is a rare opportunity for a talented Digital Marketing professional to significantly impact the future growth of a rapidly expanding business and make the role your own.
At Rough Trade we value diversity and inclusion across everything that we do. From the records that we sell, to the events that we hold, to the incredible people that work in our stores, we are committed to delivering the best possible experience for everybody.
Locations: Berlin, Germany