Rough Trade first opened in 1976, a small neighborhood store on the doorstep of punk, West London, UK. Not simply a place that sold records from the emerging DIY music scene, Rough Trade became a meeting place for artists, label owners, and the burgeoning independent music community.
Over the course of the next 40 years, the worldwide independent music/artist community has grown up and entwined itself with Rough Trade, gradually shaping it into one of the most trusted, respected and loved music retailers.
As Rough Trade launches a US website, this role will be integral in building out our digital marketing and this exciting new venture into online sales.
Essential Duties include:
- Helping launch our new digital co-op and coordinating all co-op with buyers and Head of Marketing
- Assisting Head of Marketing / Events with administrative duties
- Managing socials and drafting event pages on RT website
- Liaising with distribution and labels to book marketing and co-ordinate necessary assets
- Managing online content, drafting newsletters, and assisting development of RT US online voice
- Deep product and music industry knowledge
- A minimum education level of: Bachelor of Arts/ Sciences Degree (4-year)
- Computer savvy with knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google suite required, a good working knowledge of Photoshop (updating templates and cropping images), experience with online tools such as HootSuite etc, and a clear understanding of browser based CMS
- At least 1 years experience of using Mailchimp, or a similar marketing platform
- Working knowledge of online and digital marketing, and social media channels, with experience in paid for media activation across all social channels preferred
- Organized with ability to multitask
- Good communication skills
- High level of Initiative, self-motivation
Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org