Since its founding in 2008, Roc Nation has grown into the world’s preeminent entertainment company. We work in every aspect of modern entertainment—with recording artists and producers, songwriters and athletes. Our client list includes some of the world’s most recognizable names: from Rihanna, Shakira, J. Cole, and Big Sean to Yoenis Cespedes, Kevin Durant, Dez Bryant, and Robinson Cano. We are a full-service organization, supporting our diverse roster of talent via artist management, music publishing, touring, production, strategic brand development and beyond. We’ve forged strong partnerships with the world’s leading experts in artist management, technology, fashion, and philanthropy, and are redefining the business of entertainment.
Who are you?
Passionate and motivated. Driven, with an entrepreneurial spirit. Resourceful, innovative, forward thinking and committed. At Live Nation Entertainment, our people embrace these qualities, so if this sounds like you then please read on!
Roc Nation, One of Live Nation’s joint ventures, is seeking a Senior Director A&R, Roc Nation Music Publishing based in Los Angeles, CA.
- Scout for new writers and producers to sign to company
- Handle management of writer roster including setting up and scheduling sessions
- In charge of pitching song catalog to artist and labels to secure song placements
- Assist in managing two recording studios
- Assist in deal making process
- Work closely with Publishing Business Affairs to formulate deal proposals
- Bachelor’s degree required in relevant field preferred
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a related A&R role
- Experience in all genres with emphasis on pop and urban
- Knowledge of current and future trends in music, music business, and pop culture
- Extensive knowledge of the deal making process and writer/producer contracts
- Must have an extensive network within all levels of the music industry (i.e. managers, lawyers, publishers, booking agents, songwriters, producers, labels & publicists)
- Exceptional judgement, decision-making and negotiating skills required
- Thrives in fast-paced and creatively demanding environments with ability to balance many projects at once under tight deadlines