Rights’Up is a rights management company representing record labels, performer & actors.
We operate in 37 countries and our clients are located in +15 countries, with offices in Brussels, Berlin and New York. We provide neighbouring rights collection to over 1800 labels and 1.6M recordings.
Role and Responsibilities
- be the first point of contact with our clients Producer/Record Label to develop and maintain a solid and lasting relationship;
- deal with a wide range of Client queries relating to their Catalog’s declaration, their revenues and how Collecting societies work; gather feedback from Client in order to improve our product accordingly
- set up a clear, regular and automatized communication with our clients using our CRM (Freshdesk)
- support clients in setting up of their account, importing, updating and correcting their catalog in our system, through API, CSV import, manual entry
- detect, test, analyse and report potential bugs following IT/QA good practices
- solve conflicting claims and negotiate with the right holders;
- analyse label revenues to improve our business development. Promote and extend our service to the existing clients – contract extension (new territories) and performer service.
- create and execute a strategy to prospect and acquire new labels. Manage prospective clients from multiple sources including company and client referrals, online inquiries, event attendees and direct outreach.
- good knowledge and experience of Music business, Copyright and Neighbouring Rights (min 3 years of working experience at an independent music distributor, a company providing services to record labels, a music streaming service in a label relations role, or a software or technology company serving the independent music sector);
- well networked in the independent record label community;
- are passionate about using advanced technology to empower labels, artists and other creators and rights holders
and tech savvy:
- Excel, OpenOffice, OpenRefine and data management tool
- solid ability to understand and adapt to our IT software
- ability to read API documentation and logs
- are a great communicator and have a client oriented approach;
- are tenacious, meticulous and able to concentrate on tasks for a long period of time,
- like to find solutions, implement new processes, and improve existing ones;
- have a strong team spirit.
- are proactive and able to work autonomously
How to apply?
Send an email to email@example.com, with the job title as your subject.
Please include a cover letter, along with your Resume (CV).