Digital Marketing Manager
This role requires someone who has a solid experience and excellent understanding of being a forefront of marketing and digital strategy for a diverse roster of artists. This role serves as a quarterback to drive project alongside the artist, manager and their core team at the label. The Digital Marketing Manager is fueled by creativity, innovation, organization and excellent problem-solving skills abilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- You will be the main point of contact for your assigned roster of artists – providing tools, direction, and information to all departments and relevant external parties, while coordinating each department’s efforts in execution of digital marketing strategies.
- Define, plan and execute digital marketing plans/campaigns for label artists and their respective music releases.
- Develop marketing and digital plans that allow the artist to engage and grow their fanbase.
- Communicate and work closely with artists, managers, labels, agents and promoters to ensure seamless execution of marketing campaigns and objectives
- Always-On approach: plan, oversee, execute, analyze performance and implications of marketing and digital campaigns across client roster.
- Identify and set KPIs and targets, across platforms for roster of both emerging and established artists.
- Work closely with the artist and team to help develop and maintain a consistent image and brand.
- Work closely with design team and content creators to initiate new and exciting content and communications that drive awareness, streams, performance metrics.
- Remain up to date on social/digital/content platforms, respective features, algorithmic evolution, and potential opportunities to pursue within each etc.
- Stay informed about emerging trends and technology and provide updates to internal team and clients
- Identify and liaise with internal and external partners (e.g. vendors, influencers, PR, event teams etc.) to plan, execute, and report post-mortem of campaigns
- Heavy research of artist communities and word-of-mouth analysis (reading and analyzing blogs, other artist sites, etc.).
- Quantify the success and efficiency of digital promotions, paid media campaigns, eCommerce efforts, social engagement and partnerships via various analytics tools.
- Manage relationships with top-level artists, managers, and other partners
- Leverage your relationships and expertise between artist teams and social media partners (TikTok, Instagram/Facebook, YouTube/VEVO, Twitter, etc.) on best practices, content trends, engagement and promotional opportunities.
- Discover new sites, outlets, influencer accounts to promote artists and maintain relationships with key sites and partners.
- Manage and oversee 2-3 direct reports on marketing team.
The individual must have the following level of education, experience and training proficiency in the following areas:
- High School graduate or equivalent ____preferred_____ required
- At least 2 year college (associate) degree ____preferred_____ required
- Bachelors degree in Marketing ___ preferred __X___required
- 3 or more years related experience in digital marketing within the music industry
- Experience managing social media and content in music space preferred
Skills and Abilities
- Thorough understanding of comprehensive digital and content marketing, including strategy, set up, execution, analysis, implications of campaigns.
- Music-specific marketing experience, planning and implementing campaign rollouts.
- Strong music industry network, particularly across digital/social verticals.
- Ability to generate original and forward-thinking ideas around content creation, narratives, artist positioning, release roadmap and cadence.
- Understands industry landscape on both a granular and comprehensive level in order to adapt marketing approach for each artist and campaign, accordingly.
- Efficiency in overseeing and managing projects across company and client roster.
- Strong organizational and prioritization (time management) skills.
- Understands data and analytics tools in order to work with business intelligence team to measure and report campaign impact and performance.
- Thorough understanding of owned, earned, paid media.
- Bi-lingual English Spanish is desired but not mandatory.
- Excellent stress and time management skills.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must have intermediate knowledge in Google Suite; Apple MAC systems/ Microsoft Suite, and other applicable computer systems.
- Must have strong computer knowledge of various music applications and excellent knowledge of the Internet.
- Must be motivated, creative, innovative, organized, detail-oriented and accustomed to working under tight deadlines.