Royalty Operations Manager
Revelator is a premier provider of digital IP infrastructure to music companies globally. Our cutting-edge technology and innovative solutions empower music businesses to thrive in the digital age. We are driving the music 3.0 economy forward by enhancing speed, accuracy, and transparency in rights management, digital supply chain management, and royalty distribution.
We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Technical Royalty Operations Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a strong knowledge of the music industry, and familiarity with accounting principles and computer systems, experience with complex data models and system workflows, and an intermediate proficiency in SQL. Additionally, a successful candidate will have strong leadership skills, experience in financial management, and a thorough understanding of intellectual property rights and royalty distribution processes. The ability to work independently as well as coordinate with team members is essential.
This position reports to VP product.
Location: Remote or hybrid.
- Oversee music royalty calculations and distribution to rights holders
- Analyze royalty statements and financial data to solve complex issues
- Manage a team that collects, tracks, and reconciles royalty data and prepares financial reports
- Collaborate with operations and finance teams for efficient royalty operations and timely payments
- Plan and execute work independently and take ownership of your area of responsibility
- Continuously improve existing systems and processes to stay current with industry trends and regulations
- Track reporting and payments against timelines and forecasts
- Use SQL to query large datasets and create reports for tracking gaps in reporting
- Correspond with internal teams on statements, payments, and advances, and develop BI dashboards
- Conduct ad hoc investigations for Management decision making
- Innovate for scalable and best-in-class royalty tracking processes
- Expand knowledge of royalty reporting and processes across global income sources to identify missing income.
- Strong familiarity with computer systems and data models
- Intermediate proficiency in SQL and working knowledge of using SQL-based databases, ideally with experience in Athena
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles
- High attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Experience in a music publishing or recording business with a solid understanding of licensing and rights management
- Experience presenting data to communicate a narrative and making appropriate choices in delivery and presentation
- Proficiency in Excel for data analysis and manipulation
- Experience manipulating or analyzing large volumes of data and identifying gaps in data or income is essential
- Self-starter with strong analytical and critical thinking abilities who takes initiative and can problem-solve to understand complex royalty issues
WHAT WE OFFER
- The opportunity to work in a fast-paced Start up environment with experienced industry leaders.
- A learning environment where you can really learn latest technologies and make an impact on the future of the Music industry.
- An equal-opportunity oriented Work environment where every employee is respected, valued and empowered indiscriminate of race, ethnicity, gender, religion, culture…
- Work-from-home or from our offices or a combination of the two
- Competitive Salary
- Pension and Study Fund