Title: Social Media Manager
Application link: https://apply.workable.com/j/DCF284CD9A
Resident Advisor (RA) is the world’s foremost platform for discovering electronic music, artists and events. Described by the NY Times as “the most influential electronic music site in the world”, every month RA reaches more than 5m people across its web, mobile and app properties.
RA is seeking a digital media enthusiast to manage our key social media channels and to support in developing our content creation. A huge opportunity exists for an ambitious, proactive and quick-thinking person to shape RA’s social media agenda, with more than two million followers across all platforms. This role will be balanced between social media management (roughly 70% of this role) and content creation (30%).
The ideal candidate is excited about the changing face of social media, has a pulse on the latest trends, is a creative individual with ideas for new formats, has the ability to implement ideas to drive engagement, grow our audience and launch innovative campaigns across our social channels.
RA welcomes applicants from all abilities, backgrounds, ethnicities, experiences, gender expressions, and sexual orientations. We aim for the staffing at RA to be a reflection of the communities we cover, amplify and participate within. We actively promote equality, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace, this is reflected in our internal operations and the treatment of our staff.
- Oversight and operation of RA’s social output across all channels.
- Channel ownership and scheduling of Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter
- Ownership over briefing the design team on social media assets to promote Editorial content, brand, community and festival partnerships in the most effective way possible
- Drive new social-first ideas and content series that cement RA’s position as the most influential platform in electronic music
- Building a social media strategy that is effective across all aspects of the business.
- Working with our editorial department to showcase key content on social media in innovative ways that increase engagement and audience.
- Working with the directors to develop growth, traffic and commercial strategies for each channel.
- Developing social media objectives in line with the wider company growth strategy.
- Working closely with our brand partnerships department to devise innovative multi-channel social media strategies for client campaigns.
- Evaluating data to make recommendations and maintain a successful social approach.
- Analysing and monitoring the social media landscape to spot new opportunities.
- Helping to develop content creation, including festival and events coverage, assisting in developing content for TikTok / Reels, and on photo shoots.
We’re looking for
- An understanding of RA’s role within electronic music culture globally.
- A clear understanding of RA’s tone of voice and visual aesthetic.
- Excellent writing skills and an eye for good design and photography.
- A thorough understanding of online advertising and digital marketing.
- A passion for social media, with previous experience in a fast-paced digital environment.
- Experience in developing and implementing ideas across multiple social media channels.
- Experience using and interpreting analytics to measure the effectiveness of new initiatives.
- A history of implementing successful engagement and growth strategies.
- The ability to monitor and anticipate patterns and trends in social media.
We care about
- Work/life balance and offer flexible and remote working
- Staff well-being with regular activities and workplace policies in supporting mental health
- Individual personal and career development plans and training opportunities
- Providing a healthy company culture with strong internal communication and transparency
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion with a dedicated team leading our company commitments
- Supporting community projects across the industry: https://ra.co/about/community
- Electronic music and the values of acceptance that underpin the culture
- Electronic music is art.
- We celebrate the progressive values that underpin electronic music.
- We advocate for a more inclusive and equitable electronic music community.
- We honour the past, present and future of electronic music.
- We use innovation to empower the community.
- We choose honesty over gain and purpose over profit.
- We’re always front left.
This is a full-time role and the expected salary is £30k-36k per annum DOE. If you have questions about the role, please contact email@example.com. This listing will be open for a minimum of two weeks from7 April. Please be sure to check your junk/spam folder or add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts to ensure you’re receiving our emails.