Resident Advisor is the world’s foremost platform for discovering electronic music, artists and events. Described by the NY Times as “the most influential electronic music site in the world”, every month RA reaches more than 5m people across its web, mobile and app properties.
This is an exciting opportunity to have an immediate impact by supporting the electronic music industry. The Partnerships Manager is responsible for maintaining and growing relationships within their assigned region – Mid West, USA, across an array of industry partners; promoters, venue owners, festivals, labels, tech brands and agencies.
The role’s focus will be split between business development and partnerships management across our whole product offering: event services, ticketing, media, technology, content etc. The ideal candidate will be motivated by winning partnerships as well as delivering industry-leading levels of client service.
RA welcomes applicants from all abilities, backgrounds, ethnicities, experiences, expressions, and orientations. We aim for the staffing at RA to be a reflection of the communities we cover, amplify and participate within. We actively promote equality, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace, this is reflected in our internal operations and the treatment of our staff.
- Develop, build and maintain relationships with our partners across the electronic music industry
- Day to day management of their own set of partners across NY and other parts of the USA
- Identify new business opportunities and qualify potential partners for lead generation
- Prepare and present partnership pitches in person, on calls and over email
- Craft and sell digital advertising campaigns to potential partners
- Showcase and share knowledge about the full scope of new/existing RA products
- Cross-department collaboration throughout the sales, onboarding and delivery process
- Managing key partner on-sales, announcements and delivery of events
- Opportunity to travel to key cities for client meetings and industry events
We’re looking for
- 1-2 years of account management/sales experience
- Embedded within their local scene with an existing network
- A passion and understanding of electronic music culture is fundamental
- Track record of effective communication, in person and digitally
- Outgoing personality who builds networks quickly
- Proven ability to win new business, bring on new partners and exceed targets
- An understanding of digital advertising would be advantageous
We care about
- Work/life balance and offer flexible and remote working
- Staff well-being with regular activities and workplace policies in supporting mental health
- Individual personal and career development plans and training opportunities
- Providing a healthy company culture with strong internal communication and transparency
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion with a dedicated team leading our company commitments
- Supporting community projects across the industry: https://ra.co/about/community
- Electronic music and the values of acceptance that underpin the culture
- Electronic music is art.
- We celebrate the progressive values that underpin electronic music.
- We advocate for a more inclusive and equitable electronic music community.
- We honour the past, present and future of electronic music.
- We use innovation to empower the community.
- We choose honesty over gain and purpose over profit.
- We’re always front left
This role is a full-time, permanent role and the expected salary is $55-70k (plus commission). This listing will be open for a minimum of two weeks from 17th April, and if you have questions about the role, please contact email@example.com.
We are hiring one candidate who is to be based in Detroit.
Please be sure to add firstname.lastname@example.org to your contacts and check your junk/spam folder for emails from us.