Resident Advisor is the world’s foremost platform for discovering electronic music, artists and events. Described by the NY Times as “the most influential electronic music site in the world”, every month, RA reaches more than 5m people across its web, mobile and app.
The COVID-19 crisis has changed the electronic music landscape permanently and heavily impacted the finances of our business and our partners. More than ever we need a strong and capable Head of Finance to guide us through a challenging trading environment, ensure our financial stability and help facilitate our next chapter of growth.
Working with the CEO, the Head of Finance has responsibility for defining and delivering the strategy for Finance at RA. They will drive the continued development of the department with a core focus on incrementally improving the control environment, efficiency and quality / timeliness of reporting, thus helping the overall business successfully execute its strategy.
We are looking for a talented and ambitious Head of Finance to join our team, take immediate ownership of the finance function but then look to grow their remit and responsibilities as the business develops.
RA welcomes applicants from all abilities, backgrounds, ethnicities, experiences, expressions, and orientations. We aim for the staffing at RA to be a reflection of the communities we cover, amplify and participate within. We actively promote equality, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace, this is reflected in our internal operations and the treatment of our staff.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Overall responsibility for the correct recognition of every financial transaction that takes place across the whole business.
- Ensuring detailed and insightful financial reporting is produced for senior management on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Lead the budget preparation process from start to finish, working with heads of team and directors to produce a budget which helps achieve each team’s strategy and optimises overall resource allocation
- Provide accurate and timely forecasts, cash flow analysis, management accounts and advice and support to inform decision making
- Responsible for control environment and core business processes, ensuring they are consistently followed and constantly improved to protect the financial integrity of RA (POs / Expenses / Credit Control)
- Be a champion of good financial behaviour at RA, working to cut costs where appropriate and to encourage a mindful spending culture across the business
- Manage the Finance team members and outsourcers, ensuring that all objectives are set and met, and the team is supported and developed.
- Lead year end statutory accounts projects, working with Accounting / Tax / Audit Partners to produce final accounts which comply with local accounting standards / regulations
- Manage the following types of business risk to an acceptable level: credit / FX / treasury / regulation / compliance (Tax / VAT) / expansion to new territories
- Approve PO’s and expense reports in line with agreed budget / forecast and RA’s financial policies / procedures
- Final approval and ultimate responsibility for promoter payments process
- Manage internal financial relationships and relationships with accountants / bank / traders / merchants
- Be the Finance Product Owner, working with the Dev team to ensure the internal technology requirements of Finance are met
- Manage payroll and pension administration across all entities, ensuring appropriate review and audit procedures are in place to minimise risk of error
- Lead ad-hoc finance projects, such as using fintech to optimise processes
We care about…
- Work/life balance and offer flexible and remote working
- Staff well-being with regular activities and workplace policies in supporting mental health
- Individual personal and career development plans and training opportunities
- Providing a healthy company culture with strong internal communication and transparency
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion with a dedicated team leading our company commitments
- Supporting community projects across the industry: https://ra.co/about/community
- Electronic music and the values of acceptance that underpin the culture