Join the Licensing team in Reservoir‘s Los Angeles office.
- Competitive market salary and benefits package
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Issue synchronization agreements and invoices for the licensing department
- Manage the maintenance and upkeep of all digital licensing documentation (correspondence, licenses, invoices, payments) for licensing projects
- Coordinating with the royalty department to facilitate information on incoming synchronization payments
- Maintain and update the status of licenses and payments within licensing database
- Communicate effectively with the clearance team to make sure the relevant details for all deals are accurate
- Send out invoices, W9, vendor forms to the licensees directly or the clearance companies
- Monitor and pursue license fee collections. Process and log all incoming payments. Reconcile payments with weekly follow ups from royalty department.
- Review daily income received emails to identify any payments received for licensed uses
- Assist in monthly reconciliation of payments
- Minimum of 5+ years of administrative experience within the music industry in a licensing capacity.
- General knowledge of music clearance and licensing concepts. Understands copyright concepts as they relate to musical recordings, compositions, artwork, etc.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook,) with strong Excel skills preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Handles and safeguards highly confidential and sensitive or proprietary information.
- Self-starter and self-motivated with the ability to handle high volume of data-input with accurate execution.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and execute on tasks that involve multiple, diverse assignments while producing quality work..
Reservoir is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Reservoir is an independent music company based in New York City and with offices in Los Angeles, Nashville, Toronto, London, and Abu Dhabi. Founded as a family-owned music publisher in 2007, the company has grown to represent over 130,000 copyrights and 26,000 master recordings with titles dating as far back as 1900, and hundreds of #1 releases worldwide. Reservoir holds a regular Top 10 U.S. Market Share according to Billboard’s Publishers Quarterly, was twice named Publisher of the Year by Music Business Worldwide’s The A&R Awards, and won Independent Publisher of the Year at the 2020 Music Week Awards.
Its publishing catalog includes historic pieces written and performed by greats like Billy Strayhorn, Hoagy Carmichael, and John Denver; the contemporary-classic catalogs of Sheryl Crow and Phantogram; and current award-winning hits performed by the likes of Lady Gaga, Camila Cabello, Bruno Mars, Cardi B and more. The company’s roster of active writers and producers includes the award-winning James Fauntleroy, Ali Tamposi, and Jamie Hartman, plus popular performing artists 2 Chainz, Young Thug, A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie, and Migos’ Offset and Takeoff.
Reservoir’s collection of film music includes rights to scores created by award-winning composer-producer Hans Zimmer, as heard in the motion pictures The Lion King, the Pirates of the Caribbean series, Gladiator, The Dark Knight Trilogy, and over 150 other titles.
The company also represents a multitude of recorded music through Chrysalis Records and Philly Groove Records and manages artists through its ventures with Blue Raincoat Music and Big Life Management.