Leading independent music company Reservoir has an immediate job opening in the Royalties Administration department. We are looking for candidates who are self-starters, tenacious, accurate and consistent in their work always, and understand the importance of clean data as it relates to music royalties
- Competitive market salary and benefits package
How to Apply:
- Please send your resume and a cover letter to: [email protected]
- Identify source of incoming payments and retrieve statements from corresponding sources
- Review and enter royalty statements into internal royalty system
- Assist with income statement matching as it relates to entered statements in internal royalty system & ensure the use of proper song titles/rates when entering payments and matching
- Maintain and update bank account tracking weekly
- Support reconciliation process weekly and monthly for timely month end close
- Generate sync income reports monthly for proper reconciliation and delivery of outstanding payments
- Assist with client’s administrative needs
- Oversee department intern and assign tasks as needed
- Minimum of 3+ years of administrative experience within the music industry in a royalty capacity
- Bachelor’s degree (music business or related field preferred)
- Self-starter and self-motivated with the ability to handle high volume of data-input with accurate execution
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with Vistex’s Music Maestro (not required but preferred)
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook,) with strong Excel skills highly preferred
- Handles and safeguards highly confidential and sensitive or proprietary information
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and execute on tasks that involve multiple, diverse assignments while producing quality work
- Genuine interest in music and the music industry trends, and development
Reservoir is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Reservoir is an independent music company based in New York City and with offices in Los Angeles, Nashville, Toronto, London, and Abu Dhabi. It is the first U.S.-based publicly traded independent music company and the first female founded and led publicly traded music company in the U.S. Founded as a family-owned music publisher in 2007, Reservoir has grown to represent over 130,000 copyrights and 36,000 master recordings with titles dating as far back as 1900, and hundreds of #1 releases worldwide. Reservoir holds a regular Top 10 U.S. Market Share according to Billboard’s Publishers Quarterly, was twice named Publisher of the Year by Music Business Worldwide’s The A&R Awards and won Independent Publisher of the Year at the 2020 Music Week Awards.
Reservoir also represents a multitude of recorded music through Chrysalis Records, Tommy Boy Music, and Philly Groove Records and manages artists through its ventures with Blue Raincoat Music and Big Life Management.