Leading independent music publisher Reservoir has an immediate full-time job opening in the Royalties Administration department.
We are looking for candidates who are self-starters, tenacious, accurate and consistent in their work at all times, and understand the importance of clean data as it relates to music publishing operations.
- Royalty statement entry into Vistex’s Music Maestro system
- Maintain relationships with third party vendors to obtain related royalty statements
- Liaise with finance and accounting teams to ensure accurate data for financial reporting
- Client contract review and analysis
- Handle clients administrative needs
- Coordinate and assist interdepartmentally to accomplish company goals
- Generate ideas and offer solutions to further automate and perfect Reservoir’s administration processes
- Certify internal consistency of Reservoir’s data
- Other various roles as assigned
- Prior experience in music publishing
- Proven experience working with and manipulating large data sets, and the ability to form insights from analysis
- Bachelor’s degree (music business or related field preferred)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with Vistex’s Music Maestro
- Experience with YouTube’s CMS system (not required but preferred)
- Competency with MS Office Suite
- Ability to work well independently and with others in a fast paced office environment
Genuine interest in music and the music publishing industry, trends, and developments
How to apply:
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Open Position: Royalties Admin
Reservoir is an independent music publisher based in New York City. Founded as a family business in 2007, the company began with a small, experienced team and a modest collection of long-standing hits. Today, with offices in Los Angeles, Nashville, Toronto, and London, hundreds of #1 releases worldwide, and writers based everywhere from Hollywood to Hamburg, Reservoir has emerged as the boutique publisher with a global reach.
Diverse and ever-expanding, Reservoir boasts a multi-genre, hit-driven catalog. Its archives include historic pieces written by greats like Billy Strayhorn, Bobby Pickett, David Crosby, Gram Parsons, Irving Burgie, John Denver, and Ricky Lee Jones; the contemporary-classic catalogs of Big & Rich, Lil Jon, Phantogram, and Sheryl Crow; and a slew of current and recent popular hits performed by Ariana Grande, Drake, Lady Gaga, Major Lazer, Meghan Trainor, Tiësto, and several others. Reservoir’s collection of film music includes rights to scores created by award-winning composer-producer Hans Zimmer, as heard in the motion pictures The Lion King, the Pirates of the Caribbean series, Gladiator, The Dark Knight Trilogy, and over 150 other titles.
The company’s roster of active writers and producers includes the award-winning James Fauntleroy, Ali Tamposi, Jamie Hartman, Lauren Christy, Dave Bassett, Nate “Danja” Hills, and Statik Selektah, plus popular performing artists 2 Chainz, Joey Bada$$, WatchTheDuck, and Migos’ Offset and Takeoff. Reservoir continues to grow through the selective acquisition of exceptional catalogs, and the signing and development of creative talent from around the world.