About The Company
Reservoir Media, Inc. (NASDAQ: RSVR) is an independent music company based in New York City and with offices in Los Angeles, Nashville, Toronto, London, and Abu Dhabi. It is the first U.S.-based publicly traded independent music company and the first female founded and led publicly traded music company in the U.S.
Founded as a family-owned music publisher in 2007, the company has grown to represent over 140,000 copyrights and 36,000 master recordings with titles dating as far back as 1900, and hundreds of #1 releases worldwide. Reservoir holds a regular Top 10 U.S. Market Share according to Billboard’s Publishers Quarterly, was twice named Publisher of the Year by Music Business Worldwide’s The A&R Awards, and won Independent Publisher of the Year at the 2020 Music Week Awards.
Its publishing catalog includes historic pieces written and performed by greats like Billy Strayhorn, Hoagy Carmichael, and John Denver; the contemporary-classic catalogs of Sheryl Crow and Phantogram; and current award-winning hits performed by the likes of Lady Gaga, Camila Cabello, Bruno Mars, Cardi B and more. The company’s roster of active writers and producers includes the award-winning James Fauntleroy, Ali Tamposi, and Jamie Hartman, plus popular performing artists 2 Chainz, A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie, and Migos’ Offset.
Reservoir’s collection of film music includes rights to scores created by award-winning composer-producer Hans Zimmer, as heard in the motion pictures The Lion King, the Pirates of the Caribbean series, Gladiator, The Dark Knight Trilogy, and over 150 other titles. The company also represents a multitude of recorded music through Chrysalis Records, Tommy Boy Records, and Philly Groove Records and manages artists through its ventures with Blue Raincoat Music and Big Life Management.
This full-time position will report to the Manager of Royalties and is based in Reservoir’s office headquarters in New York. Reservoir employees work on a hybrid in-office schedule. This is not a remote position. The primary focus of this position will be maintaining Reservoir’s database in Music Maestro, while collaborating with the wider team and departments across the company to continually assess and improve data infrastructure. It includes but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Organize and maintain incoming deposits from multiple bank accounts by date and order received
- Identify source of incoming payments and retrieve statements from corresponding portals/emails
- Set up generic imports using Microsoft Excel and assist with daily statement entry process into internal royalty system
- Enter sync payments into internal royalty system using its corresponding license terms
- Assist with income statement matching as it relates to entered statements in internal royalty system & ensure the use of proper song titles/rates when entering payments and matching
- Handle client’s administrative needs (i.e., update internal royalty system with client details (email address, mailing address, bank details))
- Generate sync income reports monthly to ensure proper reconciliation and delivery of outstanding payments
- Handle interdepartmental requests for royalty related documents/statements as needed
- Assist with tracking payments and statement delivery from various Master income sources
- Minimum of 2+ years of administrative experience within the music industry in a royalty capacity
- Bachelor’s degree (music business or related field preferred)
- Self-starter and self-motivated with the ability to handle high volume of data-input with accurate execution
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience with Vistex’s Music Maestro (not required but preferred)
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook,) Tableau (preferred) with strong Excel skills required
- Handles and safeguards highly confidential and sensitive or proprietary information
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and execute on tasks that involve multiple, diverse assignments while producing quality work
- Genuine interest in music and the music industry trends, and development
An annual base salary commensurate with skills and experience of $50K-60K, plus bonus and competitive benefits will be offered to the successful hire.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity
The company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law. Further, the company strives to create a diverse, welcoming, equitable and inclusive environment for all applicants and employees.
To apply for this role, or to recommend a qualified professional, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com