Reservoir Media – Manager of Copyright Administration
About The Company
Reservoir Media, Inc. (NASDAQ: RSVR) is an independent music company based in New York City and with offices in Los Angeles, Nashville, Toronto, London, and Abu Dhabi. It is the first U.S.-based publicly traded independent music company and the first female founded and led publicly traded music company in the U.S.
Founded as a family-owned music publisher in 2007, the company has grown to represent over 140,000 copyrights and 36,000 master recordings with titles dating as far back as 1900, and hundreds of #1 releases worldwide. Reservoir holds a regular Top 10 U.S. Market Share according to Billboard’s Publishers Quarterly, was twice named Publisher of the Year by Music Business Worldwide’s The A&R Awards, and won Independent Publisher of the Year at the 2020 Music Week Awards.
Its publishing catalog includes historic pieces written and performed by greats like Billy Strayhorn, Hoagy Carmichael, and John Denver; the contemporary-classic catalogs of Sheryl Crow and Phantogram; and current award-winning hits performed by the likes of Lady Gaga, Camila Cabello, Bruno Mars, Cardi B and more.
The company’s roster of active writers and producers includes the award-winning James Fauntleroy, Ali Tamposi, and Jamie Hartman, plus popular performing artists 2 Chainz, A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie, and Migos’ Offset.
Reservoir’s collection of film music includes rights to scores created by award-winning composer-producer Hans Zimmer, as heard in the motion pictures The Lion King, the Pirates of the Caribbean series, Gladiator, The Dark Knight Trilogy, and over 150 other titles.
The company also represents a multitude of recorded music through Chrysalis Records, Tommy Boy Records, and Philly Groove Records and manages artists through its ventures with Blue Raincoat Music and Big Life Management.
This position will report to the Director of Licensing & Copyright and is based in Reservoir’s NYC Headquarters. Reservoir employees work on a hybrid in-office schedule.
This is not a remote position.
The primary focus of this position will be maintaining Reservoir’s database in Music Maestro, while collaborating with the wider team and departments across the company to continually assess and improve data infrastructure. It includes but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Spearhead all new client onboarding, as well as song deliveries for existing clients
- Manage large scale data management, and reconcile all song entries for information critical to ensuring accurate claims, registrations and collections (e.g. ISRCs, ISWCs, CAE/IPI#s, release dates, cowriter details, etc.)
- Act as first point of contact for internal inquiries relating to Reservoir’s song claims
- Lead application submissions and correspondence relating to US Copyright Office registrations
- Assist team with contract administration
- Provide regular internal reporting on database management and new releases from Reservoir’s writers
- Supervise and mentor department interns
- Complete ad hoc tasks as needed
- 2-4 years of experience in music rights administration
- Knowledge of music publishing deal structures
- Excellent working knowledge in Microsoft Excel with hands on experience in vlookups, pivot tables, and using formulas
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple simultaneous activities
- Passion for music and technology
- Superior oral and written communication skills
An annual base salary commensurate with skills and experience in the range of $45K to $58K, plus bonus and competitive benefits will be offered to the successful hire.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity
The company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law. Further, the company strives to create a diverse, welcoming, equitable and inclusive environment for all applicants and employees.
To apply for this role, or to recommend a qualified professional, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com