Data Analyst – Recorded Music
About The Company
Reservoir Media, Inc. (NASDAQ: RSVR) is an independent music company based in New York City and with offices in Los Angeles, Nashville, Toronto, London, and Abu Dhabi. It is the first U.S.-based publicly traded independent music company and the first female founded and led publicly traded music company in the U.S. Founded as a family-owned music publisher in 2007, the company has grown to represent over 140,000 copyrights and 36,000 master recordings with titles dating as far back as 1900, and hundreds of #1 releases worldwide. Reservoir holds a regular Top 10 U.S. Market Share according to Billboard’s Publishers Quarterly, was twice named Publisher of the Year by Music Business Worldwide’s The A&R Awards, and won Independent Publisher of the Year at the 2020 Music Week Awards.
Its publishing catalog includes historic pieces written and performed by greats like Billy Strayhorn, Hoagy Carmichael, and John Denver; the contemporary-classic catalogs of Sheryl Crow and Phantogram; and current award-winning hits performed by the likes of Lady Gaga, Camila Cabello, Bruno Mars, Cardi B and more. The company’s roster of active writers and producers includes the award-winning James Fauntleroy, Ali Tamposi, and Jamie Hartman, plus popular performing artists 2 Chainz, A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie, and Migos’ Offset.
Reservoir’s collection of film music includes rights to scores created by award-winning composer-producer Hans Zimmer, as heard in the motion pictures The Lion King, the Pirates of the Caribbean series, Gladiator, The Dark Knight Trilogy, and over 150 other titles. The company also represents a multitude of recorded music through Chrysalis Records, Tommy Boy Records, and Philly Groove Records and manages artists through its ventures with Blue Raincoat Music and Big Life Management.
This full-time position will report to the Recorded Music Royalties Manager and is based in Reservoir’s Nashville office. Reservoir employees work on a hybrid in-office schedule. This is not a remote position. The primary focus of this position will be maintaining a high standard of data quality in Reservoir’s recorded music royalty platform, while collaborating with the wider team and departments across the company to continually assess and improve data infrastructure. It includes but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Maintain an efficient flow of royalty data through our various internal systems.
- Optimize the data ingestion process, normalizing large volumes of data from diverse sources.
- Ensure a high standard of data quality throughout the recorded music royalty platform.
- Be a key contributor to large-scale royalty data migrations.
- Analyze income and receipts data to improve revenue collections.
- Review artist and producer contracts to onboard new royalty accounts.
- Research artist contracts and industry databases to fulfill mechanical licenses.
- Glean business intelligence by analyzing music data.
- Research and service inquiries from artist client teams.
- 1+ years of experience dealing with large amounts of data within the music industry (including internships).
- Bachelor’s degree (music business or related field preferred).
- Ability to extract and manipulate data from high volume datafiles.
- Self-starter and self-motivated comfortable working with financial data, calculations, spreadsheets.
- Strong skills with Excel and Tableau highly preferred.
- Experience with Vistex’s Record Maestro and/or Exactuals’ SR1 preferred but not required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Handles and safeguards highly confidential and sensitive or proprietary information.
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and execute on tasks that involve multiple, diverse assignments while producing quality work.
- Genuine interest in music and the music industry trends, and developments.
An annual base salary commensurate with skills and experience, plus bonus and competitive benefits will be offered to the successful hire.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity
The company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law. Further, the company strives to create a diverse, welcoming, equitable and inclusive environment for all applicants and employees.
To apply for this role, or to recommend a qualified professional, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.