Creative Assistant – Music Publishing
About The Company
Reservoir Media, Inc. (NASDAQ: RSVR) is an independent music company based in New York City and with offices in Los Angeles, Nashville, Toronto, London, and Abu Dhabi. It is the first U.S.-based publicly traded independent music company and the first female founded and led publicly traded music company in the U.S. Founded as a family-owned music publisher in 2007, the company has grown to represent over 140,000 copyrights and 36,000 master recordings with titles dating as far back as 1900, and hundreds of #1 releases worldwide.
Reservoir holds a regular Top 10 U.S. Market Share according to Billboard’s Publishers Quarterly, was twice named Publisher of the Year by Music Business Worldwide’s The A&R Awards, and won Independent Publisher of the Year at the 2020 Music Week Awards.
Its publishing catalog includes historic pieces written and performed by greats like Billy Strayhorn, Hoagy Carmichael, and John Denver; the contemporary-classic catalogs of Sheryl Crow and Phantogram; and current award-winning hits performed by the likes of Lady Gaga, Camila Cabello, Bruno Mars, Cardi B and more. The company’s roster of active writers and producers includes the award-winning James Fauntleroy, Ali Tamposi, and Jamie Hartman, plus popular performing artists 2 Chainz, A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie, and Migos’ Offset.
Reservoir’s collection of film music includes rights to scores created by award-winning composer-producer Hans Zimmer, as heard in the motion pictures The Lion King, the Pirates of the Caribbean series, Gladiator, The Dark Knight Trilogy, and over 150 other titles. The company also represents a multitude of recorded music through Chrysalis Records, Tommy Boy Records, and Philly Groove Records and manages artists through its ventures with Blue Raincoat Music and Big Life Management.
This full-time position will report to the Head of Creative, UK and the Global Creative Director and is based in Reservoir’s London Office, in Shoreditch. The primary focus of this role is to support the Reservoir creative team in all aspects of day-to-day activities. Responsibilities are in the following areas:
- Provide day-to-day support to creative team with scheduling calls, meetings, planning events, etc.
- Assist with setting up writing sessions and various calendar management
- Work with asset management teams to ingest audio and data for all new music
- Manage and maintain roster information and audio playlists
- Track holds, cuts, and manage communication of this activity to the wider group
- Deliver on regular reports and special projects such as chart research, music research projects, release data, gig listings, etc.
- Liaise with creative, marketing, and administration teams on PRS/PPL registration research
- Attend shows and industry events in support of creative team and company roster
- Various administrative support and general office duties
- Self-starter who adapts quickly and can work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent communicator and enthusiastic collaborator who works well with team members, external partners, and senior management.
- Creative thinker with a demonstrated ability to apply ideas strategically while working to a set budgets and timelines.
- Office tech proficient: Word, Excel, Outlook, Slack, Disco, etc.
- PRS & PPL Website experience preferred but not essential
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to safeguard highly confidential and proprietary information
- Genuine passion for music and music industry trends
An annual base salary commensurate with skills and experience plus bonus and competitive benefits will be offered to the successful hire.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity
The company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law. Further, the company strives to create a diverse, welcoming, equitable and inclusive environment for all applicants and employees.
To apply for this role, or to recommend a qualified professional, please send resume and cover email to email@example.com with Creative Assistant – Music Publishing referenced in the subject. This is not a remote position. Reservoir employees work on a hybrid in-office schedule.