Coordinator, Digital Asset Management – Reservoir Media
About The Company
Reservoir Media, Inc. (NASDAQ: RSVR) is an independent music company based in New York City and with offices in Los Angeles, Nashville, Toronto, London, and Abu Dhabi. It is the first U.S.-based publicly traded independent music company and the first female founded and led publicly traded music company in the U.S. Founded as a family-owned music publisher in 2007, the company has grown to represent over 140,000 copyrights and 36,000 master recordings with titles dating as far back as 1900, and hundreds of #1 releases worldwide.
Reservoir holds a regular Top 10 U.S. Market Share according to Billboard’s Publishers Quarterly, was twice named Publisher of the Year by Music Business Worldwide’s The A&R Awards, and won Independent Publisher of the Year at the 2020 Music Week Awards.
Its publishing catalog includes historic pieces written and performed by greats like Billy Strayhorn, Hoagy Carmichael, and John Denver; the contemporary-classic catalogs of Sheryl Crow and Phantogram; and current award-winning hits performed by the likes of Lady Gaga, Camila Cabello, Bruno Mars, Cardi B and more. The company’s roster of active writers and producers includes the award-winning James Fauntleroy, Ali Tamposi, and Jamie Hartman, plus popular performing artists 2 Chainz, A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie, and Migos’ Offset.
Reservoir’s collection of film music includes rights to scores created by award-winning composer-producer Hans Zimmer, as heard in the motion pictures The Lion King, the Pirates of the Caribbean series, Gladiator, The Dark Knight Trilogy, and over 150 other titles. The company also represents a multitude of recorded music through Chrysalis Records, Tommy Boy Records, and Philly Groove Records and manages artists through its ventures with Blue Raincoat Music and Big Life Management.
This full-time position will report to the VP, Business Development & Operations and is based in Reservoir’s New York office. Reservoir employees work on a hybrid in-office schedule.
This is not a remote position. The primary focus of this position will be digital asset management, including audio and metadata sourcing, ingestion, and maintaining data integrity across all of Reservoir’s recordings and music publishing catalogs. It includes but is not limited to the following responsibilities:
- Interface with songwriters, artists, record labels and managers to source all audio needed for distribution, creative pitching, and synch licensing companywide
- Work closely with Creative, Synch, Publishing, and Label Digital Operations teams to add value through metadata quality and consistency across the entire organization
- Oversee a companywide process for audio ingestion and metadata tagging for all new song deliveries
- Support the onboarding process of all newly acquired music catalogs
- Collaborate with Digital Operations to identify and correct data quality issues of legacy music catalogs
- Manage the recovery and conversion of legacy physical audio and video media to industry-standard digital formats
- Liaise with Synch team to ensure all special audio such as instrumentals, acapella, and clean versions are available to fulfill licensing needs
- Liaise with Synch and Marketing teams to service priority audio to radio, PR, and music supervisors securely
- Prepare regular reporting to company leadership detailing new audio available in company platforms
- Keep informed of news, trends, and new business models in the industry
- General understanding of record label and music publishing functions with an emphasis on the digital supply chain
- Working knowledge of metadata standards for audio and video assets
- Experience with industry content management systems such as DISCO, OpenPlay, FUGA or similar platforms
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple simultaneous activities
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Passion for music and technology
An annual base salary commensurate with skills and experience in the range of $42,000 – $52,000, plus bonus and competitive benefits will be offered to the successful hire.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity
The company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law. Further, the company strives to create a diverse, welcoming, equitable and inclusive environment for all applicants and employees.
To apply for this role, or to recommend a qualified professional, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org