Join the Digital Licensing team in Reservoir‘s New York office. This position reports to the Senior Director, Business Development & Operations.
- Competitive market salary and benefits package
How to Apply:
- Please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ensure label catalog is consistently set up, delivered, and accepted by all DSPs and digital partners.
- Maximize catalog monetization at YouTube and other platforms.
- Contribute to daily operations including manual claiming, policy change implementation, resolving ownership conflicts and disputes, and other claiming tasks.
- Actively seek out new business opportunities and work with music users to become licensing partners.
- Evaluate catalog license proposals and support negotiations with DSPs and music users.
- Manage deal renewals and amendments through Merlin and other licensing partners.
- Deliver and maintain all metadata and assets in compliance with required standards across all licenses.
- Manage the integration and data cleanup of acquired music catalogs.
- Work closely with our licensing and distribution partners to continually improve our digital supply chain.
- Keep informed of news, trends, and new business models in the industry.
- Minimum 3+ years experience in digital supply chain management at a label, digital distributor, or DSP.
- Expert in YouTube music rights management with a deep understanding of the YouTube CMS.
- Knowledge of music copyright and digital licensing structures.
- Technological understanding of digital distribution workflows, DSP requirements, and industry standards (DDEX).
- Existing relationships within the DSP landscape.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple simultaneous activities.
- Passion for music and technology.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- This is not a remote work position. When return to the workplace is deemed safe, this position will be based in our Reservoir New York office.
Reservoir is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
75 VARICK STREET 9th Floor NEW YORK, NY 10013 (P) 212.675.0541 WWW.RESERVOIR-MEDIA.COM
RESERVOIR IS AN INDEPENDENT MUSIC COMPANY BASED IN NEW YORK CITY.
Reservoir is an independent music company based in New York City and with offices in Los Angeles, Nashville, Toronto, London, and Abu Dhabi. Founded as a family-owned music publisher in 2007, the company has grown to represent over 130,000 copyrights and 26,000 master recordings with titles dating as far back as 1900, and hundreds of #1 releases worldwide. Reservoir holds a regular Top 10 U.S. Market Share according to Billboard’s Publishers Quarterly, was twice named Publisher of the Year by Music Business Worldwide’s The A&R Awards, and won Independent Publisher of the Year at the 2020 Music Week Awards.
Its publishing catalog includes historic pieces written and performed by greats like Billy Strayhorn, Hoagy Carmichael, and John Denver; the contemporary-classic catalogs of Sheryl Crow and Phantogram; and current award-winning hits performed by the likes of Lady Gaga, Camila Cabello, Bruno Mars, Cardi B and more. The company’s roster of active writers and producers includes the award-winning James Fauntleroy, Ali Tamposi, and Jamie Hartman, plus popular performing artists 2 Chainz, Young Thug, A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie, and Migos’ Offset and Takeoff.
Reservoir’s collection of film music includes rights to scores created by award-winning composer-producer Hans Zimmer, as heard in the motion pictures The Lion King, the Pirates of the Caribbean series, Gladiator, The Dark Knight Trilogy, and over 150 other titles.
The company also represents a multitude of recorded music through Chrysalis Records and Philly Groove Records and manages artists through its ventures with Blue Raincoat Music and Big Life Management.