Head of Royalties – Publishing
About The Company
Reservoir Media, Inc. (NASDAQ: RSVR) is an independent music company based in New York City and with offices in Los Angeles, Nashville, Toronto, London, and Abu Dhabi.
It is the first U.S.-based publicly traded independent music company and the first female founded and led publicly traded music company in the U.S. Founded as a family-owned music publisher in 2007, the company has grown to represent over 140,000 copyrights and 36,000 master recordings with titles dating as far back as 1900, and hundreds of #1 releases worldwide.
Reservoir holds a regular Top 10 U.S. Market Share according to Billboard’s Publishers Quarterly, was twice named Publisher of the Year by Music Business Worldwide’s The A&R Awards, and won Independent Publisher of the Year at the 2020 Music Week Awards.
Its publishing catalog includes historic pieces written and performed by greats like Billy Strayhorn, Hoagy Carmichael, and John Denver; the contemporary-classic catalogs of Sheryl Crow and Phantogram; and current award-winning hits performed by the likes of Lady Gaga, Camila Cabello, Bruno Mars, Cardi B and more.
The company’s roster of active writers and producers includes the award-winning James Fauntleroy, Ali Tamposi, and Jamie Hartman, plus popular performing artists 2 Chainz, A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie, and Migos’ Offset.
Reservoir’s collection of film music includes rights to scores created by award-winning composer-producer Hans Zimmer, as heard in the motion pictures The Lion King, the Pirates of the Caribbean series, Gladiator, The Dark Knight Trilogy, and over 150 other titles.
The company also represents a multitude of recorded music through Chrysalis Records, Tommy Boy Records, and Philly Groove Records and manages artists through its ventures with Blue Raincoat Music and Big Life Management.
This full time position will report to the CFO and is based in Reservoir’s headquarters in New York City. Reservoir employees work on a hybrid in-office schedule. This is not a remote position.
The primary focus of this position will be to lead Reservoir’s publishing royalties team, overseeing all operations, functions and activities relating to income collection, royalty accounting, and internal reporting globally. It includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Oversee all aspects of global royalty accounting, managing the team responsible for income collection, royalty system maintenance, statement processing, reconciliations, payments and management reporting
- Manage cash collection and royalty reconciliation process
- Oversee ongoing income tracking
- Interpret contracts and implement royalty provisions within Music Maestro
- Provide leadership and assistance to execute royalty distributions
- Oversee client inquiries and administrative needs
- Develop new methods to manage large volumes of royalty data
- Fulfill ad hoc interdepartmental requests for royalty-related documents and insights
- Work with finance team to establish annual budgets and report performance to management
- Partner with CFO on managing and fulfilling all aspects of royalty audits, both internal and external
- 10+ years of music industry experience in a royalty administration capacity
- 5+ years’ experience in team leadership
- Bachelor’s degree (finance or music business preferred)
- Strong knowledge of financial and accounting principles
- Experience with Vistex’s Music Maestro
- Expert Excel knowledge with experience in advanced formulas
- Tableau and SQL experience preferred but not required
- Ability to adhere to deadlines and execute on multiple tasks while producing quality work
- Process improvement, documentation, and project management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to safeguard highly confidential and proprietary information
- Genuine passion for music and music industry trends
An annual base salary commensurate with skills and experience in the range of $130,000 – $165,000, plus bonus and competitive benefits will be offered to the successful hire.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity
The company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law. Further, the company strives to create a diverse, welcoming, equitable and inclusive environment for all applicants and employees.
To apply for this role, or to recommend a qualified professional, please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org