Blue Raincoat Music/Chrysalis Records and parent company Reservoir are looking for an experienced Marketing Executive to work across our extensive and growing recorded music Catalog and Frontline Record Label. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who has experience working across a Catalog of similar size and wishes to join a rapidly growing company. This position will be based in Reservoir’s NYC or Los Angeles office and will work closely with the Blue Raincoat Music/Chrysalis Records team based in London.
- Competitive market salary and benefits package
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and a cover letter to: [email protected]
- Oversee the North American marketing and strategic planning for the extensive Chrysalis Records Catalog and Frontline Label, plus additional Reservoir-owned masters and labels.
- Lead sales and marketing operations for the North American market.
- Develop tailor-made digital and physical marketing campaigns for active Frontline artists and execute best practice strategies.
- Drive Catalog marketing initiatives for active priority artists in-line with anniversaries and associated milestone events through the artists careers.
- Liaise directly with artists, management, live agency, publishers.
- Build/hire a bespoke team (including PR and Radio Promotions) project by project.
- Develop, manage, and oversee marketing budgets.
- Lead and guide appointed team throughout Frontline campaigns.
- Run post campaign analysis on Catalog and Frontline marketing initiatives, to evaluate successes and failures and continue to develop best practices to apply moving forward.
- Build, manage and develop collaborative working relationships with internal teams in both the UK and US.
- Build and develop strong relationships within the industry, DSPs, retails, sales, and promotional.
- Identifying and develop appropriate new business opportunities within Catalog.
- Provide appropriate input to the annual Catalog and Frontline budgeting process.
- Lead and create appropriate sales and marketing strategies to ensure delivery of the budget and achieving key sales targets.
- 7+ years of music industry marketing, product management and/or A&R experience across different roles in the music industry, including record labels, artist management, media/PR, digital agencies, booking agencies, digital accounts, start-ups, music publishing, brand marketing, and related companies/fields.
- Experience with creative strategy, leading marketing campaigns internally and externally with partners such as Spotify, Apple, YouTube, Instagram & Facebook, TikTok, Snapchat, Twitter, Triller, Pandora, Soundcloud, and more.
- Tech savvy with deep understanding of current technologies and general market trends.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong project management and multi-tasking skills to bring new ideas to life across a variety of departments.
- Strong teamwork, organization, and time management skills.
- Possess a deep understanding of the modern digital landscape and pop culture marketplace.
- Experience in streaming, sales, and marketing analysis.
- Experience with producing or creating content & bringing content to market.
- Experience and flexibility with working across many international time zones. Some tasks and calls will be required outside of regular business hours.
- In-depth knowledge of Chrysalis Records and its Frontline Artists.
- When return to the workplace is deemed safe, this position will be based in Reservoir’s New York City or Los Angeles office.
Blue Raincoat Music and Reservoir are equal opportunity employers. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
About Blue Raincoat Music/Chrysalis Records:
Blue Raincoat Music is an artist management company, music publishing company and record label, founded in 2014 by Jeremy Lascelles and Robin Millar. It has offices In London, New York, and Los Angeles.
In 2016 the company launched a new publishing arm and bought Chrysalis Records, one of the leading British independent labels. In 2019 Blue Raincoat Music forged a partnership with New York based independent music company Reservoir Media. Chrysalis Records then re-launched as a frontline label In February 2020, marking a return to releasing new music for the first time in over two decades.
The Chrysalis catalogue includes classic recordings from artists such as Sinead O’Connor, The Specials, Ultravox, The Waterboys, UFO, Go West, Generation X, Everything But The Girl, Suzi Quatro, Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel, Ten Years After, and Lucinda Williams. The frontline label roster includes Laura Marling, Liz Phair, Lump, William The Conqueror, and Simone Felice.
Blue Raincoat Music Publishing (a joint venture with Reservoir) includes the catalogues of Nick Drake, Mike Chapman, Grant Lee Buffalo, D:Ream, and Rickie Lee Jones.
Blue Raincoat’s artist management company (Blue Raincoat Artists) represents, amongst others, Phoebe Bridgers, Cigarettes After Sex, and Ondara.
Reservoir is an independent music company based in New York City and with offices in Los Angeles, Nashville, Toronto, London, and Abu Dhabi. Founded as a family-owned music publisher in 2007, the company has grown to represent over 130,000 copyrights and 30,000 master recordings with titles dating as far back as 1900, and hundreds of #1 releases worldwide. Reservoir holds a regular Top 10 U.S. Market Share according to Billboard’s Publishers Quarterly, was twice named Publisher of the Year by Music Business Worldwide’s, The A&R Awards, and won Independent Publisher of the Year at the 2020 Music Week Awards.
Its publishing catalog includes historic pieces written and performed by greats like Billy Strayhorn, Hoagy Carmichael, and John Denver; the contemporary-classic catalogs of Sheryl Crow and Phantogram; and current award-winning hits performed by the likes of Lady Gaga, Camila Cabello, Bruno Mars, Cardi B and more. The company’s roster of active writers and producers includes the award-winning James Fauntleroy, Ali Tamposi, and Jamie Hartman, plus popular performing artists 2 Chainz, A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie, and Migos’ Offset and Takeoff.
Reservoir’s collection of film music includes rights to scores created by award-winning composer-producer Hans Zimmer, as heard in the motion pictures The Lion King, the Pirates of the Caribbean series, Gladiator, The Dark Knight Trilogy, and over 150 other titles.
The company also represents a multitude of recorded music through Chrysalis Records and Philly Groove Records and manages artists through its ventures with Blue Raincoat Music and Big Life Management.