Join the Finance team in Reservoir‘s New York City or Nashville office with two primary objectives. First, to accurately value music assets, and second, to conduct analysis on internal and external royalty data. This position reports to the SVP, Finance and Investments.
This is not a remote work position; when return to the workplace is deemed safe, this position will be based in a Reservoir office. Reservoir is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Competitive market salary and benefits package
How to Apply:
- Please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Efficiently ingest large amounts of royalty data for contemplated transactions
- Analyze trends in data to drive valuation models and methodologies
- Structure deal types based on trends visible in the available data
- Draft Investment Memoranda as target transactions are being considered
- Carry out due diligence (financial, data, legal, etc) over the life cycle of a transaction
- Take a data-centric approach to enhance valuation methodologies
- Revisit the company’s historical royalty data to improve forecasting
- Prepare internal and target transaction royalty data for third party consulting, valuation, and auditing firms
- Improve visibility and presentation of internal royalty data to aid senior management
- Research third party industry points of view, technological trends, and market comparable transactions
- Search for technological investments that improve the efficiency of the business
- Computer / data science background (education or experience) preferred
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- A passion for music and a well-developed knowledge of the music industry required
- Working understanding of financial valuation and analysis required
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Team player who is able to work with people across creative, marketing, financial, and legal disciplines
- Tableau experience is a plus
RESERVOIR IS AN INDEPENDENT MUSIC COMPANY BASED IN NEW YORK CITY.
Reservoir is an independent music company based in New York City and with offices in Los Angeles, Nashville, Toronto, London, and Abu Dhabi. Founded as a family-owned music publisher in 2007, the company has grown to represent over 130,000 copyrights and 26,000 master recordings with titles dating as far back as 1900, and hundreds of #1 releases worldwide. Reservoir holds a regular Top 10 U.S. Market Share according to Billboard’s Publishers Quarterly, was twice named Publisher of the Year by Music Business Worldwide’s The A&R Awards, and won Independent Publisher of the Year at the 2020 Music Week Awards.
Its publishing catalog includes historic pieces written and performed by greats like Billy Strayhorn, Hoagy Carmichael, and John Denver; the contemporary-classic catalogs of Sheryl Crow and Phantogram; and current award-winning hits performed by the likes of Lady Gaga, Camila Cabello, Bruno Mars, Cardi B and more. The company’s roster of active writers and producers includes the award-winning James Fauntleroy, Ali Tamposi, and Jamie Hartman, plus popular performing artists 2 Chainz, Young Thug, A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie, and Migos’ Offset and Takeoff.
Reservoir’s collection of film music includes rights to scores created by award-winning composer-producer Hans Zimmer, as heard in the motion pictures The Lion King, the Pirates of the Caribbean series, Gladiator, The Dark Knight Trilogy, and over 150 other titles.
The company also represents a multitude of recorded music through Chrysalis Records and Philly Groove Records and manages artists through its ventures with Blue Raincoat Music and Big Life Management.