`Title: Financial Analyst
Location: New York
This full-time position will report to the SVP, Finance and Investments, and is based in Reservoir’s New York office. Reservoir employees work on a hybrid in-office schedule. This is not a remote position.
The primary focus of this position will be to accurately value and acquire music catalogs, and sign writers and artists to successful publishing and recording deals. The secondary focus of the position will be the corporate finance and financial planning & analysis initiatives of the company.
- Build valuation models for music catalog transactions and writer/artist signings
- Structure deals including asset acquisitions, company purchases, writer/artist signings, joint ventures, etc.
- Draft investment memos on music investments heading towards closing
- Carry out due diligence on transactions in exclusivity, bringing them from sourcing to integration
- Assess existing and potential corporate finance structures for the company
- Prepare FP&A reports on annual corporate performance and music investment performance
- Prepare annual budgets for the company and forecast the long-term financial picture of the business
- Create and deliver internal and external presentations to senior management
- Research third party industry points of view, music technological trends, and market comparable transactions.
- Financial valuation, analysis, and deal experience
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Financial education background
- Superior oral and written communication skills
- Team player who is able to work with people across creative, marketing, financial, and legal disciplines
- Tableau experience is a plus
- Music industry experience is a plus
- $90,000 to $110,000 base salary
- Competitive bonus and benefits package
Diversity and Equal Opportunity
The company is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, age, or any other status protected by law. Further, the company strives to create a diverse, welcoming, equitable, and inclusive environment for all applicants and employees.
How to Apply
To apply for this role, please send your resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org Reference “Financial Analyst” in your email subject.
Reservoir is an independent music company based in New York City and with offices in Los Angeles, Nashville, Toronto, London, and Abu Dhabi. It is the first female-founded and led publicly traded independent music company in the U.S.
Founded as a family-owned music publisher in 2007, the company has grown to represent over 140,000 copyrights and 36,000 master recordings with titles dating as far back as 1900, and hundreds of #1 releases worldwide.
Reservoir frequently holds a Top 10 U.S. Market Share according to Billboard’s Publishers Quarterly, was twice named Publisher of the Year by Music Business Worldwide’s The A&R Awards, and won Independent Publisher of the Year at both the 2020 and 2022 Music Week Awards.
Its publishing catalog includes historic pieces written and performed by greats like Joni Mitchell, Billy Strayhorn, Hoagy Carmichael, and John Denver; the contemporary-classic catalogs of Sheryl Crow and Alabama; and current award-winning hits performed by the likes of Lady Gaga, Camila Cabello, Bruno Mars, Cardi B and more.
The company’s roster of active writers and producers includes the award-winning James Fauntleroy, Ali Tamposi, and Jamie Hartman, plus popular performing artists 2 Chainz, A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie, and Migos’ Offset.
Reservoir’s collection of film music includes rights to scores created by award-winning composer-producer Hans Zimmer, as heard in the motion pictures The Lion King, the Pirates of the Caribbean series, Gladiator, The Dark Knight Trilogy, and over 150 other titles.
The company also represents a multitude of recorded music through Chrysalis Records, Tommy Boy Records, and Philly Groove Records and manages artists through its ventures with Blue Raincoat Music and Big Life Management.