Join the Digital Operations team in Reservoir‘s New York or Nashville office. This position reports to the Senior Director, Business Development & Operations.
- Competitive market salary and benefits package
How to Apply:
- Please send your resume and a cover letter to [email protected]
- Interface with songwriters, artists, record labels and managers to source all audio needed for distribution, creative pitching, and synch licensing companywide
- Work closely with Creative, Synch, Publishing, and Label Digital Operations teams to add value through metadata quality and consistency across the entire organization
- Develop and implement a companywide process for audio ingestion and metadata tagging for all new song deliveries
- Support the onboarding process of all newly acquired music catalogs
- Collaborate with Digital Operations to identify and correct data quality issues of legacy music catalogs Manage the recovery and conversion of legacy physical audio and video media to industry-standard digital formats
- Liaise with Synch team to ensure all special audio such as instrumentals, acapella, and clean versions are available to fulfill licensing needs
- Prepare regular reporting to company leadership detailing new audio available in company platforms Keep informed of news, trends, and new business models in the industry
- General understanding of record label and music publishing functions with an emphasis on the digital supply chain
- Working knowledge of metadata standards for audio and video assets
- Experience with industry content management systems such as DISCO, OpenPlay, FUGA or similar platforms Strong attention to detail and ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple simultaneous activities Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Passion for music and technology
- This is not a remote work position. When return to the workplace is deemed safe, this position will be based in Reservoir’s New York or Nashville office.
Reservoir is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
RESERVOIR IS AN INDEPENDENT MUSIC COMPANY BASED IN NEW YORK CITY.
Reservoir is an independent music company based in New York City and with offices in Los Angeles, Nashville, Toronto, London, and Abu Dhabi. Founded as a family-owned music publisher in 2007, the company has grown to represent over 130,000 copyrights and 26,000 master recordings with titles dating as far back as 1900, and hundreds of #1 releases worldwide. Reservoir holds a regular Top 10 U.S. Market Share according to Billboard’s Publishers Quarterly, was twice named Publisher of the Year by Music Business Worldwide’s The A&R Awards, and won Independent Publisher of the Year at the 2020 Music Week Awards.
Its publishing catalog includes historic pieces written and performed by greats like Billy Strayhorn, Hoagy Carmichael, and John Denver; the contemporary-classic catalogs of Sheryl Crow and Phantogram; and current award-winning hits performed by the likes of Lady Gaga, Camila Cabello, Bruno Mars, Cardi B and more. The company’s roster of active writers and producers includes the award-winning James Fauntleroy, Ali Tamposi, and Jamie Hartman, plus popular performing artists 2 Chainz, Young Thug, A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie, and Migos’ Offset and Takeoff.
Reservoir’s collection of film music includes rights to scores created by award-winning composer-producer Hans Zimmer, as heard in the motion pictures The Lion King, the Pirates of the Caribbean series, Gladiator, The Dark Knight Trilogy, and over 150 other titles.
The company also represents a multitude of recorded music through Chrysalis Records and Philly Groove Records and manages artists through its ventures with Blue Raincoat Music and Big Life Management.