Join the Accounting and Finance team in Reservoir’s New York City headquarters and work closely with the senior management team to ensure accurate and timely reporting of financial results. The position will also be responsible for ensuring the control environment is maintained at a high level and evolves appropriately as the Company continues to grow. The position reports to the CFO.
- Competitive market salary and benefits package
How to Apply:
- Please send your resume and a cover letter to: [email protected]
- Manage the monthly close process to ensure that consolidated financial statements are delivered accurately and timely every month.
- Work closely with counterparts at overseas subsidiaries and understand all accounting issues facing both the publishing and recorded music businesses.
- Develop a deep knowledge of the financial software platform and continually look for ways to leverage the system to improve reporting.
- Create reports that summarize the financial data concisely for presentation to senior management.
- Evaluate internal controls and ensure that robust documentation of the entire control environment is accurately maintained.
- Manage the audit process with external auditors.
- Compile data and manage relationship with tax advisors to ensure that all tax filings are completed well before required filing dates.
- Work closely with CFO and GC on all regulatory reporting and compliance with internal policies and external requirements.
- Coordinate with all departments in the organization during the budgeting process and maintain budgets within the financial platform.
- Minimum 10 years of progressively responsible experience leading an accounting team
- Must possess a strong knowledge of all aspects of generally accepted accounting principles
- Team player who is capable of managing others while also performing required tasks directly to ensure that objectives are achieved on a timely basis
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- CPA designation
- Experience in the music industry is preferred
- This is not a remote work position. When return to the workplace is deemed safe, this position will be based in our Reservoir New York office.
Reservoir is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
RESERVOIR IS AN INDEPENDENT MUSIC COMPANY BASED IN NEW YORK CITY.
Reservoir is an independent music company based in New York City and with offices in Los Angeles, Nashville, Toronto, London, and Abu Dhabi. Founded as a family-owned music publisher in 2007, the company has grown to represent over 130,000 copyrights and 26,000 master recordings with titles dating as far back as 1900, and hundreds of #1 releases worldwide. Reservoir holds a regular Top 10 U.S. Market Share according to Billboard’s Publishers Quarterly, was twice named Publisher of the Year by Music Business Worldwide’s The A&R Awards, and won Independent Publisher of the Year at the 2020 Music Week Awards.
Its publishing catalog includes historic pieces written and performed by greats like Billy Strayhorn, Hoagy Carmichael, and John Denver; the contemporary-classic catalogs of Sheryl Crow and Phantogram; and current award-winning hits performed by the likes of Lady Gaga, Camila Cabello, Bruno Mars, Cardi B and more. The company’s roster of active writers and producers includes the award-winning James Fauntleroy, Ali Tamposi, and Jamie Hartman, plus popular performing artists 2 Chainz, Young Thug, A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie, and Migos’ Offset and Takeoff.
Reservoir’s collection of film music includes rights to scores created by award-winning composer-producer Hans Zimmer, as heard in the motion pictures The Lion King, the Pirates of the Caribbean series, Gladiator, The Dark Knight Trilogy, and over 150 other titles.
The company also represents a multitude of recorded music through Chrysalis Records and Philly Groove Records and manages artists through its ventures with Blue Raincoat Music and Big Life Management.