Join the Recorded Music Marketing team at Reservoir’s office in New York. This position reports to the Head of Frontline Marketing and Catalog Development, North America
- Competitive market salary and benefits package
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and a cover letter to [email protected]
- Work closely with marketing teams, both in the US & UK, as well as artists and managers, for campaign updates and to communicate goals and plans for recorded music for Chrysalis Records & Tommy Boy Music.
- Participate in creative planning to create big marketing ideas and ensure a continuous flow of content and opportunities surrounding the music.
- In-depth understanding of social media and ability to harness platforms successfully. Finger on the pulse of key marketing trends and new platforms.
- Implement marketing strategies across Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat, Tik Tok and other online destinations to develop unique opportunities that resonate online, grow audience & drive engagement for the music.
- Build, maintain and assess external marketing partnerships including but not limited to social media and cultural influencers.
- Assist with marketing budgeting and tracking process across all projects.
- Collaborate closely with digital ops & production teams to formulate and implement release rollouts, both digitally & physically.
- Help manage and promote direct to consumer website and email list.
- Develop creative assets where needed (images, video edits, animations, GIFs, etc.)
- Strong organizational skills, with a proven record of supporting multiple projects at once with tight deadlines
- At least 3-4 years of progressive marketing experience in the music industry, ideally at a record label.
- Self-starter who adapts quickly to change and can work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
- Excellent communicator and enthusiastic collaborator who works well with team members, external partners, and senior management.
- Creative thinker with a demonstrated ability to apply ideas strategically while working to a set budget and timeline.
- Deep knowledge of consumer-facing touchpoints including managing email lists, website promotion and social media platforms.
- General understanding of the DSP landscape, associated strategy and new tech platforms.
- Must be flexible and adaptable; no task is too small
- Experience working in the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop and Premiere or Final Cut) in addition to mobile editing software for videos, GIFs, and static visuals.
- This is not a remote work position, the position will be based in New York.
Reservoir is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
RESERVOIR IS AN INDEPENDENT MUSIC COMPANY BASED IN NEW YORK CITY.
Reservoir is an independent music company based in New York City and with offices in Los Angeles, Nashville, Toronto, London, and Abu Dhabi. Founded as a family-owned music publisher in 2007, the company has grown to represent over 130,000 copyrights and 26,000 master recordings with titles dating as far back as 1900, and hundreds of #1 releases worldwide. Reservoir holds a regular Top 10 U.S. Market Share according to Billboard’s Publishers Quarterly, was twice named Publisher of the Year by Music Business Worldwide’s The A&R Awards, and won Independent Publisher of the Year at the 2020 Music Week Awards.
Its publishing catalog includes historic pieces written and performed by greats like Billy Strayhorn, Hoagy Carmichael, and John Denver; the contemporary-classic catalogs of Sheryl Crow and Phantogram; and current award-winning hits performed by the likes of Lady Gaga, Camila Cabello, Bruno Mars, Cardi B and more. The company’s roster of active writers and producers includes the award-winning James Fauntleroy, Ali Tamposi, and Jamie Hartman, plus popular performing artists 2 Chainz, Young Thug, A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie, and Migos’ Offset and Takeoff.
Reservoir’s collection of film music includes rights to scores created by award-winning composer-producer Hans Zimmer, as heard in the motion pictures The Lion King, the Pirates of the Caribbean series, Gladiator, The Dark Knight Trilogy, and over 150 other titles.
The company also represents a multitude of recorded music through Chrysalis Records and Philly Groove Records and manages artists through its ventures with Blue Raincoat Music and Big Life Management.