Reservoir Media Management is seeking a securities attorney to work in New York, Nashville or Toronto. This position reports to Reservoir’s EVP & General Counsel. This is not a remote work position; when return to work is deemed safe this position will be based in a Reservoir office in New York City, Nashville or Toronto. Reservoir is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Competitive market salary and benefits package
How to Apply:
- Please send your resume and a cover letter to: [email protected]
- Oversee and advise on all securities, compliance and corporate governance matters
- Lead drafting and filing of all securities and regulatory documentation, including 10-Ks, 10-Qs, 8-Ks, proxy statements, S-8s and Section 16 filings
- Establish efficient processes for meeting all regulatory and compliance requirements
- Support finance, accounting, and investor relations functions
- Work closely on stock and employee stock plan administration
- Assist where needed on other legal matters, both domestic and international
- Three to five years of relevant securities and compliance experience
- Significant experience working with public companies
- In-depth, substantive expertise in the ‘33 and ‘34 Act
- Corporate governance and a combination of both in-house and major law firm practice experience is preferred
- Bar admission in the United States
Reservoir is an independent music company based in New York City and with offices in Los Angeles, Nashville, Toronto, London, and Abu Dhabi. Founded as a family-owned music publisher in 2007, the company has grown to represent over 130,000 copyrights and 26,000 master recordings with titles dating as far back as 1900, and hundreds of #1 releases worldwide. Reservoir holds a regular Top 10 U.S. Market Share according to Billboard’s Publishers Quarterly, was twice named Publisher of the Year by Music Business Worldwide’s The A&R Awards, and won Independent Publisher of the Year at the 2020 Music Week Awards.
Its publishing catalog includes historic pieces written and performed by greats like Billy Strayhorn, Hoagy Carmichael, and John Denver; the contemporary-classsic catalogs of Sheryl Crow and Phantogram; and current award-winning hits performed by the likes of Lady Gaga, Camila Cabello, Bruno Mars, Cardi B and more. The company’s roster of active writers and producers includes the award-winning James Fauntleroy, Ali Tamposi, and Jamie Hartman, plus popular performing artists 2 Chainz, Young Thug, A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie, and Migos’ Offset and Takeoff.
Reservoir’s collection of film music includes rights to scores created by award-winning composer-producer Hans Zimmer, as heard in the motion pictures The Lion King, the Pirates of the Caribbean series, Gladiator, The Dark Knight Trilogy, and over 150 other titles.
The company also represents a multitude of recorded music through Chrysalis Records and Philly Groove Records and manages artists through its ventures with Blue Raincoat Music and Big Life Management.