Renegade is currently looking for a dynamic new personality to join our expanding London-based team.
Renegade is the UK’s market-leading combined retail, student and club promotions company, working primarily across the leisure, hospitality and retail sectors. With an unrivalled reputation across the music industry, it’s the go-to company for all the major labels and key indies for promotion of new releases. The company works with both brand new and established artists across a wide variety of genres.
Renegade is generally involved in the promotion of circa 50% of the UK Top 40 singles at any one time, with a roster boasting some of the world’s most exciting talent. Other business interests within the company include artist management, brand music policy consultancy and music branding partnerships.
This is an ideal position for furthering experience within the marketing and promotion aspects of the music industry, and would be suitable for someone coming out of an internship or around junior product manager level and above, although we are open to any candidate with the required skillset for the role.
There are genuine opportunities to progress within the company, with many of our former team also having progressed to senior roles across the music industry.
- Identifying weekly new releases from record labels and bringing new business into the company from existing and new contacts across the music industry
- Reporting to our clients at record labels on the weekly progress of their campaigns
- Servicing new music to our extensive database of contacts via our online music distribution platform InFlyte
- Liaising with record companies to collect assets for promotional campaigns
- Promoting releases to retail/brand music programmers, DJs, student media contacts and other tastemakers
- Arranging interviews, reviews and other activities with student media
- Live, breathe and work music, and have strong knowledge across multiple genres
- Have a minimum of a year’s frontline music industry experience (ideally you will have completed a major label internship, although this is not essential)
- Have already built a strong network of contacts and resources across the music industry, especially those working in marketing and/or promotion at the major labels and/or indies.
- Have strong writing skills and the ability to write multiple reports daily
- Have a genuine interest in the areas we cover, with the ability to learn quickly and work to monthly targets
- Have a good knowledge of software packages (we use MS for Mac) and wide social media skills. Experience in Adobe and Squarespace also an advantage
- Be creative, versatile and adaptable to a wide range of roles
- Have a positive ‘can do, will do’ attitude and a burning ambition to advance your own career, as well as help us take our business to the next level
- Be confident and knowledgeable in meetings with clients and contacts – Understand the need for close attention to detail in all aspects of our work
- Always be looking for ways to improve what we do as a company, upgrade our range of services and never be complacent
- Be trustworthy, loyal and discreet
- Be friendly and personable, with great communication skills, a sense of humour, and be able to quickly fit into our small and sociable team
Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience and skills, with discretionary performance-related and seasonal bonuses.
We are currently working 3 days from our office, but are following government guidelines on safe working environments for all of our team, and reviewing as appropriate where required. Remaining work is currently from home, but we anticipate a full-time return to the office from mid-July 2021. General hours of work are 9.30am to 6pm Monday to Friday.
As the UK is hopefully now coming out of Covid restrictions and clubs re-open, we are looking to fill this position as soon as possible, so early applications are advised.
Applications with a covering letter should be emailed to Chris Smith [email protected]