Situated in the heart of Regina, the Regina Exhibition Association Limited (REAL) is one of the largest and most influential event complexes in the country. REAL is a not-for-profit corporation that operates the 100 acre property, Evraz Place, that hosts the majority of Regina’s major events every year, and serves as an important anchor within the tourism industry – provincially, nationally and internationally.
We are a centre of excellence for entertainment, business, sport, recreation and cultural activities that acts as the delivery agent for more than 3.5M annual visits to REAL campus and has served the Province of Saskatchewan with community entrepreneurship since 1884. We are proudly home to the Saskatchewan Roughriders, Regina Pats, FC Regina, many minor and recreational sports, and numerous concerts, trade shows and conventions. With the new additions of Mosaic Stadium and the International Trade Center, REAL is well positioned to further enhance the economic value for generations to come.
THE OPPORTUNITY AWAITS YOU
The Manager Major Events & Entertainment enhances REAL’s brand-to-guest experience through managing, leading and directing the development and programming for signature shows, major events, entertainment events, community events from concept stage through to event close. This position is responsible for utilization and activation of REAL’s campus 365 days a year by leading the planning and continuous improvement for existing events; leading the development, creation and programming for new, profitable events; continually attracting top entertainers and talent; and creating opportunities to leverage REAL’s campus in order to amplify REAL’s brand identity and organizational growth through events that make REAL truly the heart of our community and Province.
Working collaboratively with a wide range of internal teams and external stakeholders, you will create exceptional internal commitment, efficiency and alignment to the development and delivery of exceptional, safe experiences for international, national and local community business partners, stakeholders, guests, and staff. You are the ultimate project manager building and leveraging external and internal relationships and connections to bring fun, relevancy and sustainability to our campus by continuously positioning REAL’s brand and guest experience value proposition by leveraging relevant industry and business events, entertainment shows and festivals, agribusiness and community events.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- As a member of REAL’s Management team, you participate in the development of REAL’s strategic planning process, develops, and implements the business plan to achieve the corporation’s short and long-term goals.
- You will Lead, oversee and manage the development and planning for all event and entertainment programming on REAL’s campus including relevant industry and business events, entertainment shows and festivals, agribusiness and community events.
- You will oversee the process to plan the Entertainment portfolio to satisfy REAL’s strategic event requirements and space utilization providing leadership to uncover opportunities to attract talent and performers for REAL’s events and concert venues and maintain strong relationships with key entertainment agencies, agents and performers to acquire, retain and contract talent to perform at REAL events.
- You will ensure effective business unit financial planning along with leading and developing strong, effective teams to carry out business unit strategies and actions plans.
WHO WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Our people are Revolutionary and Courageous, Exemplify Teamwork and Safety, Accomplish the Extraordinary, Stewards of our Legacy and above all, we Always Have Fun!
We live our core values: Be original, Be a host, Be inclusive, Be proud, Be resilient, Be smart, and Always own it.
If you have extensive knowledge of the events and entertainment industry, creativity in developing event concepts and strategies, strong organizational and presentation skills and ability to establish and maintain strong and positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders necessary to be successful in this role – then consider joining our REAL team in the exciting industry of Sports & Entertainment!
WHAT IT TAKES
Apply today if you meet the following requirements:
- University Degree ideally in Business, Marketing, hospitality/event management, or a related field, or a combination of relevant education, training and experience.
- 5+ years of marketing and sales experience in entertainment and events industry, with at least three years’ experience managing or coordinating the work of others to achieve business outcomes.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite and event management software.
- Leadership Competencies include Managing Teams, Relationships, Development of Others, Innovation and the Future, Continuous Improvement, Accountability for Performance and Results.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a satisfactory Criminal Record Check for the duration of employment.
We offer competitive wages and attractive benefits, along with the opportunity to be part of a dynamic and fun industry. For more information visit our website at www.evrazplace.com.
Submit resumes by April 11, 2021 via the link provided.
Please click the link to apply: https://apply.workable.com/real1884/j/0A51C45D6D/