Our Entertainment and Media practice group is seeking a Mid-Level Music Associate to become an integral part of our specialized music team in our Century City office. This position offers a tremendous opportunity to engage in high-level transactions with a diverse roster of clients, including emerging and superstar-level talent, boutique and institutional music companies, investors, digital music services, and music business entrepreneurs.
- Work collaboratively on a range of music industry transactions, such as recording agreements, album clearance work, music publishing and administration agreements, music catalog acquisitions and sales, management agreements, joint venture agreements, sponsorship and endorsements, digital music licensing and matters related to copyright and Artificial Intelligence.
- Provide comprehensive legal counsel on music M&A transactions, including conducting thorough due diligence and the preparation, review, and negotiation of acquisition, sale and financing agreements.
- Juris Doctor (J.D.) degree from an accredited law school and active membership in good standing of the California State Bar.
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience within the music business, either in-house or at a reputable law firm.
- Exposure to and proficiency in:
- music publishing, recorded music, management, joint venture, sponsorship and endorsement, live touring, and digital music licensing deals.
- copyright law (including statutory termination rights), rights of name/image/likeness/voice, and trademark law within the music industry.
- Experience in music catalog sales and acquisitions is a strong advantage, but not required if the candidate has a broad range of experience in other areas of the music business.
- Exceptional judgment.
- Strong oral and written advocacy skills.
- The ability to integrate seamlessly into a close-knit, high performing team.
- The drive and proficiency to hit the ground running on various transactions at the highest level.
- Someone who aspires to partnership and views this role as a career-defining opportunity.
(Please click on the Century City posting)