Social Media Manager – Seattle / West Coast (Contract Role)
This position requires creativity, a high attention to detail and a can-do attitude. Must be willing to travel. You will oversee and coordinate the successful execution of various campaigns across all social channels, marketing tours, recorded music, merch and more, with the goal of driving audience growth and retention.
You will work closely in collaboration with our clients and managers, attending events, studio sessions and concerts. Success in this position requires visual creativity, excellent copywriting skills and a passion for marketing music through organic content.
- Work directly with clients, management and the extended team to create, organize and publish visual content across social channels. You should be comfortable creating content, drafting copy in the artist’s voice and getting approval in a fast-paced environment.
- Travel with clients to events, live performances and studio sessions as needed to create and share content across all platforms, driving audience growth and engagement. You should be a social media native and expert in Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram and TikTok marketing and best practices.
- Communicate and work closely with artists, managers, labels, agents and promoters to ensure seamless execution of marketing campaigns and objectives.
- Work with the management team to schedule, announce and market tours, music and merch across platforms.
- Stay informed about emerging trends and technology and provide updates to internal team and clients.
- Provide reporting / insights / analytics for clients and managers as needed.
- Expert knowledge of all major social channels, features and best practices.
- Experience creating and maintaining a social calendar.
- Experience working with relevant tools – Facebook Creator Studio, Facebook Business Manager, Tweetdeck, YouTube Studio, and similar platforms.
- Fluency in Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, Illustrator, Photoshop) and other similar software preferred. Ability to edit or polish content for social.
- Expert copywriting skills and the ability to write in different voices.
Self-motivated, detail-oriented, able to multitask and meet tight deadlines.
- Highly organized self-starter, with excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal communication – you are a team player.
- Passion for working in music and excited about opportunities to travel.
Experience / Requirements
- 3+ years work experience in a similar role required.
- Requires attention to detail and accuracy along with the ability to stay self-motivated and deliver on tasks with little supervision.
- Requires the ability to reason and foster decision making skills while working through day-to-day work solutions.
- Requires upholding non-traditional work hours, being on call and available when requested and having contingency systems in place for last minute requests.
- Experience managing social media and content in the music space required.
- Must be willing to travel, sometimes on short notice.
Email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com