Social Media Manager – Los Angeles
Red Light Management, one of the world’s largest independent music management companies, is seeking a talented and passionate social media manager to oversee a roster of clients in the electronic department.
You will be responsible for producing best-in-class social media campaigns for music clients, ranging from overarching strategy to day-to-day execution across all digital touchpoints. You will connect digital success to all aspects of a client’s career and drive growth on social media platforms, along with helping drive brand communication and fan experience through digital interaction.
Understanding client objectives, current best practices, and the competitive space of music marketing and social media is an essential component for success in this role. You should be able to develop successful content timelines and monitor progress against key metrics. You will develop relationships with companies like Meta, TikTok, and YouTube, to name a few.
In addition to general duties, you will be called on to present forward-thinking marketing ideas for clients. You should be able to collaborate with others and communicate effectively with internal graphic design, photo/video and artist management teams in addition to being able to clearly present your vision to clients and label partners.
Our ideal candidate will have experience managing multiple social campaigns simultaneously, a fun and collaborative can-do attitude, a knack for creative copywriting, an eye for design, and a passion for forward-thinking social media marketing.
This position is full-time and based out of Los Angeles.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line.
- Lead overall strategy and execution of music clients’ social marketing, including, but not limited to, calendar creation, content creation, community management, channel growth, and creative marketing ideas
- Work closely with our design team to create visually appealing content (both still & motion) for clients
- Provide in-depth reporting, insights and analytics for clients across campaigns
- Communicate and work closely with artists and management teams to ensure seamless execution of social campaigns
- Stay informed on emerging trends and technology, and provide updates to internal teams and clients
- Participate, contribute, and brainstorm in meetings
- Represent the company in a professional manner at all times
- Develop and foster relationships with platform representatives
EXPECTATIONS / QUALIFICATIONS
- 3+ years experience managing social marketing for music clients
- Extensive knowledge of all major social channels, including platform-specific algorithms, advertising platforms and features
- Ability to juggle 5-10 artist accounts across multiple platforms
- Experience with emerging platforms and product features (Reels, YouTube Shorts, Discord, etc.) is preferred.
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, able to multitask and meet tight deadlines
- Exceptional time management and project management skills
- Ability to work effectively both independently and with other team members
- Ability to nurture and maintain good relationships with artists
- Ability to think analytically and use data to inform decisions
- Passion for creative out-of-the box thinking
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong creative writing skills and ability to match artist voice
- Exceptional eye for quality design and understanding of how to create and foster a unique visual aesthetic