Red Bull Records is a full-service independent record label dedicated to long-term artist development, with a diverse roster across a variety of musical genres.
We are seeking an experienced Project Director to oversee marketing and media campaigns for our recording artists and label. Experience as a Product Manager within the music industry is preferred.
The position will be responsible for managing multiple campaigns and requires a motivated self-starter.
The Marketing department is the chief holder of information on the status of an individual project scheduled to be released into the marketplace.
Primary focus lies in discovering effective promotional avenues, market research, central communication and coordination of fellow staff members, 3rd parties, and the artist’s direct team.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Develop, create and execute marketing plans on assigned projects, in partnership with all departments
- Work closely with Creative Marketing Directors and Digital Marketing Director to set specific project goals in conjunction with all departments (revenue targets, social reach, cultural impact, etc.) and continuously update status of these goals and expectations company wide.
- Help create and implement strategies around an artists positioning in the marketplace, content creation, release timing, general creative direction, social footprint, etc.
- Act as primary liaison between the artist/management and the label for all day to day marketing issues.
- Constantly review real-time data and draw actionable conclusions to reach set goals, managing fluid marketing plans that extend out 12 months or more
- Coordinate artist schedules (in conjunction with tour marketing) for special events, promotional visits, performances, video/photo shoots, etc.
- Develop project budgets in conjunction with finance team and department heads, managing spend and insuring fiscal responsibility
- Help develop strategic partnerships for our artists and projects, including in the sports, LGBTQ, club, retail, and lifestyle spaces.
- Develop collaboration strategies that utilize Red Bull Media House in coordination with VP, Global Brand Integration.
- Work with our distro partners to ensure correct product delivery and launch.
- Excellent writing and communication skills with a strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to follow through on assigned responsibilities as well as be able to think ahead and utilize problem-solving abilities
- Strong ability to represent company brand
- Passion for the roster, a relentless pursuit for artist development, team oriented, and a self starter is essential for this position
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Google Docs is vital.
- 3 years of record label marketing experience.
- Product Management experience is preferred.